Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-28-2009, 08:14 AM   #31
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
AlanMc,

According to JoinTech's site, the device is indeed 250 grams. I believe the Eletroworld site is incorrect. See http://www.jointech.com.hk/products_JE100.html for details.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #32
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana View Post
Yes, there are 4GB SD cards that are NOT SDHC. I have one of those. I think 4GB is the max size though ... and that too, those are rare. If you go any higher in size, it has to be SDHC.

Anyway, CyGuy (and others), Meritline has - what looks like - a Lexar MicroSD 4GB card that is not SDHC. I have ordered one of these last night (and looks like Ellen ordered one as well). So we will be able to confirm soon.

See the link in my post above.

UPDATE:
Here is the obligatory Wikipedia reference that confirms that 4GB is the only size where SD and SDHC cards overlap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital
Rana,

Yes I ordered one from Meritline (no shipping fee), making them the cheapest around. I tried Nation's suggestion, but it did not work. I later went to Walmart and found a very cheap 1gb card just to see if it was my device. The 1gig card was not SDHC and it worked. So I am glad that I ordered a 4gb card. Meritline is usually fast with even its regular shipping so it should be here by next week.

I wish there was a user forum for this device somewhere.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #33
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
Thanks Ellen ! Please do let us know how it works once you receive it.

I have just ordered my JE100 and have not received it yet. In preparation, I also ordered the same 4GB MicroSD Lexar card from Meritline and will probably receive that one before the JE100 itself
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #34
alilxmas
Enthusiast
alilxmas has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SmartQ 7, VX787
Is theyre any app on it that you can use to draw with, even something as simple as PAINT?

If so does the screen react well with the stylus, or does it do the normal dance all over the place. Please test moving stylus slow and also at a decent speed, Like for sketching, if you can thanks
alilxmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #35
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks Ellen ! Please do let us know how it works once you receive it.

I have just ordered my JE100 and have not received it yet. In preparation, I also ordered the same 4GB MicroSD Lexar card from Meritline and will probably receive that one before the JE100 itself
Bad news. Just got this message form Meritline:
Thank you for shopping with Meritline.com (version 2), your order has been
cancelled due to the following reason(s).
Order cannot be fulfilled. - item is currently not available from the
vendor.

So I will order from another site tomorrow. Hope this isn't a trend.

Ellen
Advert
Old 10-28-2009, 09:51 PM   #36
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
Bad news. Just got this message form Meritline:
Thank you for shopping with Meritline.com (version 2), your order has been
cancelled due to the following reason(s).
Order cannot be fulfilled. - item is currently not available from the
vendor.

So I will order from another site tomorrow. Hope this isn't a trend.

Ellen
Yeah! I got that too . Oh well. Let me know if you find a site w/ good price.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:34 AM   #37
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Hmmm, I like the Android on that Archos but this review makes this bad boy sound like a champ. PDFs, Comics wise.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #38
rana
Gadget Freak

Got my JE100 yesterday ! So far very pleased !!

However - I am having an issue trying to map the up/down buttons to prev/next actions in Mobipocket. Has anyone been able to do this successfully ?

Also, I found an older version of MS Reader (ver 2.xx) that got installed fine on the JE100, but when trying to run it -- it complains of missing files. The same one installs okay on my Smart Q7 (but does not seem to launch properly).

ColdSun or imareadr or Sweetpea (or anyone else) -- have you got a version of MSReader working properly on the JE100 ?

The weight and the form factor of the JE100 seems just perfect for what I was looking for.

The page turn speed is definitely on the slower side, but I think I can live with it.

Last edited by rana; 11-04-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #39
imaredr
Collector

Quote:
Got my JE100 yesterday ! So far very pleased !!

However - I am having an issue trying to map the up/down buttons to prev/next actions in Mobipocket. Has anyone been able to do this successfully ?

Also, I found an older version of MS Reader (ver 2.xx) that got installed fine on the JE100, but when trying to run it -- it complains of missing files. The same one works fine on my SmartQ7 ... so it could be a WinCE5.0 vs. WinCE6.0 difference.

ColdSun or imareadr or Sweetpea (or anyone else) -- have you got a version of MSReader working properly on the JE100 ?

The weight and the form factor of the JE100 seems just perfect for what I was looking for.

The page turn speed is definitely on the slower side, but I think I can live with it.
First, Congrats!!! I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

MSreader: I have the opposite problem. I can't get it to install on my Q7. I do have it installed ony my JE100. I will go back and look at how I did it and get back to you via PM. Maybe we can trade files so I can get it on my Q7

Mobipocket: I have the same problem with mapping the buttons. All I get is something similar to paragraph advancement. So I use screen taps instead. I need to get a screen protector so that this doesn't create problems in the future. Sweetpea gave me the name of what she used. That's in a previous post somewhere on this thread.

Ellen
Old 11-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #40
rana
Gadget Freak

Thumbs up

Quote:

MSreader: I have the opposite problem. I can't get it to install on my Q7. I do have it installed ony my JE100. I will go back and look at how I did it and get back to you via PM. Maybe we can trade files so I can get it on my Q7

Mobipocket: I have the same problem with mapping the buttons. All I get is something similar to paragraph advancement. So I use screen taps instead. I need to get a screen protector so that this doesn't create problems in the future. Sweetpea gave me the name of what she used. That's in a previous post somewhere on this thread.

Ellen
Awesome ! Yes, I would love to trade the versions of MSReader. I downloaded ver 2.xx from somewhere and will try to find the original link (I think some might have posted it at the Smartqmid forums). If I don't find it, I will try to upload it somewhere or send it separately.

The JE100 I got came with a screen protector already installed ... so that was a very nice surprise for me ! It doesn't cover the entire screen from corner to corner though, so I will likely remove it at some point and install one of my favorite BestSkinsEver screen protector.

Will look forward to your PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:12 AM   #41
BacktoLife
BacktoLife began at the beginning.

Device: JE100
Hi Everybody, I am new to this forum and I am from Hong Kong. Did anyone tried installing any Bible software into JE100?

I have tried the SmartQ Q7 for a month. I could not install anything into it (running WinCE 6.0 obtained from the manufaturer website). The installation program always said it cannot be installed on this device. I wonder if WinCE does not need a standardized hardware platform. The Q7 only allows installing software on the add-on SDHC card. I probably will buy one if the software compatibility is good. Thanks a lot.
BacktoLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #42
chough
Nameless Being

WiFi on the JE100

Can I just ask if anybody has tried a WiFi SD card in the JE100?

It just strikes me as that would be a neater solution than the WiFi adaptor that has been shown.

Many thanks

Chough
Old 11-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #43
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Are there micro SD Wifi adapters?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #44
rana
Gadget Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chough View Post
Can I just ask if anybody has tried a WiFi SD card in the JE100?

It just strikes me as that would be a neater solution than the WiFi adaptor that has been shown.

Many thanks

Chough
JE100 only accepts the MicroSD/TF form factors. Are there WiFi SD cards in this form factor ?

Do they come with the WinCE 5.0 drivers ?
Old 11-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #45
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:

Ellen
Weird, I don't have any problems with mobipocket at all... I could install MS Reader without problems also, but I just can't get ereader working. I can install it but when I try to run it it, it says "ereader is not a valid Windows CE application"...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote