Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-26-2024, 02:19 AM   #1
shyhermit
Connoisseur
shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Shake Device / Tap Screen to wake Libra Colour from Sleep Mode?

Is there a mod in Libra 2 or Libra Colour that allows one to shake the device (or to tap the device's screen) to wake it from sleep? For those of us who do not use a sleepcover, it is an alternative not to use the power button (which I suspect is prone to fail over time) on the back each time to wake up the device.

The Libra has an accelerometer. Wondering if there is any mod that can use it as a trigger to wake up the device?

Alternatively, what about a screen tap? When the device is asleep, can the device still sense screen taps so that a mod can be made to detect a series of screen taps as a gesture to wake up the device?
shyhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 03:38 AM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There are no such mods. You could potentially enable the sleepcover option and then wave a magnet over the sensor to make it think you opened the cover, though.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2024, 06:12 AM   #3
shyhermit
Connoisseur
shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Where is the location of the Hall effect sensor for the sleep / awake on the Libra Colour? There was an old thread talking about this for the Libra 2, but the attached photos showing the location had been deleted.
Old 05-26-2024, 06:37 AM   #4
user105
Enthusiast
user105 began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2, pw2, sony prs 505
On the Clara bw it’s, if front facing, left side on the back about 7cm up an 1 cm in
But the spot is magnetic and you can just hover a magnet over it to trigger
user105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 10:50 AM   #5
Asyd Rayn
Asyd Rayn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis/Kobo Libra Colour
I have a sleep cover and fold it back to read. If I have to put it down to deal with something and the device falls asleep, it's rather annoying that the only way to wake this is to unfold the cover to reach the button to wake the device.

A screen tap or holding the device at a reading angle would be a nice trigger to wake it.
Asyd Rayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2024, 02:50 PM   #6
shyhermit
Connoisseur

It is too bad that no developer is currently taking on the task to develop a mod to implement this "shake to wake" or "tap to wake" feature for the Kobo. This is a great feature to have on mobile phones like the iPhone.
Old 05-27-2024, 03:57 PM   #7
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyhermit View Post
It is too bad that no developer is currently taking on the task to develop a mod to implement this "shake to wake" or "tap to wake" feature for the Kobo. This is a great feature to have on mobile phones like the iPhone.
I don't know if they give that sort of access to the accelerometer.

For me, I've used a magnet to trigger the wake option, since it only sleeps by default if you put the magnet on at that point.... but if it's slept automatically or manually, the same magnet will wake it.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 04:42 PM   #8
shyhermit
Connoisseur

Do you know where is the magnet location / trigger point for the Libra Colour? I can't find it (LOL!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
I don't know if they give that sort of access to the accelerometer.

For me, I've used a magnet to trigger the wake option, since it only sleeps by default if you put the magnet on at that point.... but if it's slept automatically or manually, the same magnet will wake it.
Old 05-27-2024, 04:51 PM   #9
GreyFox
Militaires Sans Frontière
GreyFox began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyhermit View Post
Is there a mod in Libra 2 or Libra Colour that allows one to shake the device (or to tap the device's screen) to wake it from sleep? For those of us who do not use a sleepcover, it is an alternative not to use the power button (which I suspect is prone to fail over time) on the back each time to wake up the device.

The Libra has an accelerometer. Wondering if there is any mod that can use it as a trigger to wake up the device?

Alternatively, what about a screen tap? When the device is asleep, can the device still sense screen taps so that a mod can be made to detect a series of screen taps as a gesture to wake up the device?
It sounds like you are trying to find a solution to a problem that hasn't and is unlikely to occur.

The magnet for the color is in the middle,near the buttons, as far as I can tell.
GreyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 05:06 PM   #10
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asyd Rayn View Post
I have a sleep cover and fold it back to read. If I have to put it down to deal with something and the device falls asleep, it's rather annoying that the only way to wake this is to unfold the cover to reach the button to wake the device.

A screen tap or holding the device at a reading angle would be a nice trigger to wake it.
If you are going to unfold the cover to reach the button why not just close the cover and open it again? This is what I do.
jillmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 02:24 PM   #11
Asyd Rayn
Asyd Rayn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis/Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmess View Post
If you are going to unfold the cover to reach the button why not just close the cover and open it again? This is what I do.
Well yeah, but the point is if one is able to touch the screen it would save the extra step(s) even though minimal from opening and closing the cover. I've also found that sometimes it doesn't wake up, which of course requires a restart.
Asyd Rayn is offline   Reply With Quote