Notices

Old 05-21-2024, 03:11 AM   #1
phasmine
phasmine began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Unable to sync progress between Moaan InkPalm 5 and Kobo Libra 2

Hi there,

I am new to this website.

I'm having trouble syncing progress between my new Moaan InkPalm 5 and my Kobo Libra 2.

I have installed the F-Droid version of KOReader onto my InkPalm 5, and have followed the one-step install package thread instructions using the automated script to install KOReader on my Kobo Libra 2.

I've created an account for progress sync, but for some reason, when I try to pull sync progress on either device, they both say "Latest progress is coming from this device".

I've tried both the binary and filename settings but nothing has changed.

I have copies of the book I'm trying to sync progress for on both devices, and they both have the same filename. I use Calibre to send files to my Kobo. I have a plugin in Calibre that turns EPUBs into KEPUBS before sending them to my device. Would that make the two files different then for progress sync purposes?

Thank you in advance.
phasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 09:44 AM   #2
emmur0
emmur0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Inkpalm 5 pro
I am having this same issue between the same two devices. Unfortunately I haven't been able to figure it out.
emmur0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 02:38 PM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Yup, calibre users have a hard time trying to sync because, by default, calibre (at least the viewer) stores its own files within the epub container.

You can disable this on calibre settings. But there're a zillion things that could make calibre to modify the epub. In each case the result is simple: book hashes don't match and each book, as slighlty modified as it could be, is treated by the sync server as a new book.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 02:41 PM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
I've tried both the binary and filename settings but nothing has changed.
I'm not familiar with filename. My previous post was talking about binary, the default.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 05:12 PM   #5
phasmine
phasmine began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Yup, calibre users have a hard time trying to sync because, by default, calibre (at least the viewer) stores its own files within the epub container.

You can disable this on calibre settings. But there're a zillion things that could make calibre to modify the epub. In each case the result is simple: book hashes don't match and each book, as slighlty modified as it could be, is treated by the sync server as a new book.
Interesting, I didn’t know Calibre did that. That’s unfortunate and would make sense why it isn’t working.
phasmine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inkpalm, kobo, koreader