View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 09:56 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I may be able to help if you need another opinion on what changes are needed for the KOBOTOUCH driver. Feel free to PM me if you want. Caveat: if there are changes required because of a database schema update I may not be the best bet.
One concern I have is that the three new devices all have the same USB device ID; 0x4237. Kovid has added a single entity LIBRA_COLOR_PRODUCT_ID. Now David has a series of helper functions; isTouch / isGlo etc that are used by set_device_name to assign the correct value to device_name. There is no default device_name in this function.

They are also used by cover_file_endings to assign the supported cover types to _cover_file_endings. Luckily there is a default value here

One place that I know does use the device_name value is the Kobo Utilities plugin.

So as far as I can see we either need to use a generic device_name of (say) Kobo Colour Family or hope that by some magic it is possible to distinguish the devices.

Thoughts?

Last edited by PeterT; 04-16-2024 at 10:06 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote