View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 04:45 PM   #2
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

I don’t do audio books. I never travel anywhere since I work out of the home, and I’d rather read at my own pace. But I have to admit that Amazon does a fantastic job with whispersync. Kobo’s syncing between devices is laggy, and syncing between ereaders and iOS apps is so spotty as to be useless. I don’t have that issue ever with my Kindles and Kindle apps. I can remember back when the iPhone was new that whipsersync was spotty, but Kindle fixed it. I wish Kobo prioritized syncing as much as they’ve prioritized notetaking.

Still, now that I can’t strip DRM off Kindle purchases on my Mac, I don’t buy from Kindle anymore. I’m solely Kobo now for new purchases. But with the backlog of books that I have, I like to keep my Kindle around even though I converted my collection as you did. I like having options, too.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote