Thread: Clara 2E Badly formatted epub?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 10:59 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
I also tried with Kobo Touch Extended, I installed it in Calibre but I don't really know whether it is active or not, I didn't see any dialogue window or something during transferring the file from Calibre, but, at any case, nothing changed.
If you have the Kobo Utilities plugin installed, you can make the KoboTouchExtended driver active from there. Otherwise, you will have to go into Preferences => Plugins and search for KoboTouch. Set the KoboTouch driver to disabled and enable the KoboTouchExtended driver. Also, you will need to copy any settings you have made in the KoboTouch driver to the KoboTouchExtended driver.

And please note that renaming the file to .kepub.epub allows you to use the WebKit based renderer but many of the special features will not function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
Quite rarely I have a footnotes in the preview window but most of time, no. And about the pictures, the majority doesn't resize.
As the epub version is 2, you can't guarantee popup footnotes. See this message in the Moving to Kobo from Amazon, which file format should I use? thread for a somewhat relevant post.

And once again, try opening the file in either calibre's ebook editor or in Sigil. The only way to really see what's going on is to take a look under the covers.

As for the images, I've seen that when someone decided to specify the image size in pixels, cm, or other absolute measurement.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-14-2024 at 11:02 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote