View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 06:27 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistle View Post
I noticed in Koreader, if I change font hinting to "off" or "native" (same result), the text renders beautifully. If I leave it on Auto (which applies hinting), the fonts appear misaligned especially along the bottom. Some letters higher than others etc.

This is also exactly how they are rendered in the stock reader, leading me to believe it's also applying auto hinting. I much prefer using the stock reader, but now that I've seen how much better text can look in Koreader, I can't go back!

Is there a way I can turn it off in the stock reader?

This post seems to suggest I can edit the Kobo stylesheet, but I couldn't figure out how to do that haha
Can you please do me a favor and try ChareInk6SP and see what you get? This is what I use and it works for me. It is hinted. Maybe KOReader needs the fonts to be hinted and the one you are using is not hinted. The Kobo system software does not need the fonts to be hinted or not. It doesn't matter. The URL below is where you can download ChareInk6SP.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=184056
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote