Thread: Miss my PB360
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 10:05 AM   #19
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I finally managed to get a vsftpd build to work on my pb902 (firmware version 2). So, I recompiled for firmware version 1 and packaged it up in the attachment. This will only work on ancient devices (300, 301, 360). Copy the vsftpd, vsftpd.conf and vsftpd-launcher.app files to the applications directory on the device, and then start the ftp server by running vsftpd-launcher from the applications tab. You should be able to connect to port 2121 on the device via any desktop software that supports the ftp protocol. Use the back button to exit the server. I don't have any of these devices so I have not tested this; let me know if it doesn't work.

Note that I was not able to delete files on the ereader using ftp because of permissions, although I could write them. I saw this same behaviour with the original vsftpd version I got in 2013, so I don't think that this is a problem with my build in particular.

Edit: I included the wrong version of vsftpd in the file I originally attached. I have updated it with the correct version.
Attached Files
File Type: gz vsftpd-3XX.tar.gz (49.3 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by rkomar; 04-22-2024 at 08:53 AM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote