View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 02:13 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by seannymurrs View Post
There's an ebook I'm planning on purchasing, and it's available from a few different online stores. Amazon (Kindle), Apple Books, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Google Play, and Rakuten Kobo. I'm pretty sure all of those stores have some sort of DRM (though please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm looking to purchase from whichever place will allow me to remove the DRM the easiest. Ideally I'd like to end up with an epub file that's identical to the initially purchased file (just without the DRM). Anyone have any suggestions?
Kobo, eBooks.com, and Google Play Books are easy to remove the DRM. You just need calibre, the DeDRM 10.0.9 plugin, and Adobe Digital Editions registered to an Adobe account.

From Kobo you want to download ePub and not KePub. The other two give you just ePub.

And in terms of DRM-free, Tor, BAEN, and Smashwords have no DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote