View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 09:19 PM   #347
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
Right. I mentioned the screentone. They are notorious for moiré effects. In fact, in its heyday, Japanese manga artists would use the moiré patterns for dramatic effect. I don’t know how old you are, but when watching BW movies on an NTSC television, moiré effects occurred regularly because of the patterns on the clothes that the actors were wearing.

But I’d rather not see a rainbow dancing across my black-and-white manga. LOL I imagine the effect would be either pronounced or reduced depending on the screen size in relationship to the image being displayed. I’ll have to play with that rainbow toggle somebody mentioned above.

I'm old enough to remember the original Mobile Suit Gundam anime when it was new to the world.

The rainbow toggle works.. but I think it reduced the DPI of the manga in the process. Now I know why the toggle is there - Rakuten is Japanese. Newer manga that uses primarily digital drawing has little to no issue since they're not using screentone, but older stuff or by older artists? You might get quite a bit of that, especially if it was designed for print release first.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote