View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 07:02 PM   #72
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post

For everything else, I prefer a tablet or a phone for reading. The text is MUCH sharper than eInk. The screen response is instant. I can and do have color backgrounds and text to make the reading even more comfortable.
Do you use the ipad listed for your tablet reading? I've never used one of those. But on the tablet I am using now, the reading experience is not good....not the fault of the tablet though. For example, with the Kobo app, I can't adjust the text to my liking, which gives me ragged edges and a font I don't want. Or line spacing that can't be changed. On the Kobo ereader I have the text exactly the way I want it.

And don't think the Kindle app is any better. The Kindle app has got to be one of the worst ever. It is so slow to load, both on my phone and on my FIRE tablet. You'd think the Amazon tablet would be great for reading books? Ugh. Once you finally get the book you want to open, it's fine. Maybe it's because I have a huge library, I don't know. But it's terrible. (It's actually better on my phone than on the Amazon Fire tablet!) Reading on a Kindle ereader is MUCH more satisfactory.

So now I'm curious about those two apps on the ipad. I feel certain the Kobo app is just as uncustomizable. Does the Kindle app load fast and work great on the ipad?

Just curious. The ipad is not something I've ever tried.

I see you have a Fire 8 HD listed as your device. That's my newest. Kindle app is so slow!

Last edited by booklover6; 04-30-2024 at 07:13 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote