View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 01:26 AM   #23
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaby View Post
I was looking forward to this I thought it’d be a good way to introduce ereaders to people. But it just never happened. I do remember their Vudu. That was a “blink and you missed it” kind of thing.
I liked that you could walk into a Walmart and see Kobos, but I only saw a couple stores that had them. (And I think they only ever carried one model, the Aura edition 2.) I think they also had a tablet — I don't even think it was one of theirs, just a Sony (or something) with Kobo software.

Walmart actually owned Vudu for 10 years, but I think they really gave it a push in their stores when they made the agreement with Rakuten to sell Kobos (about 2018).

The deal to become a Kobo dealer also involved some kind of deal for Walmart in Japan with Rakuten (can't remember the details any more).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote