View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 05:39 PM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Chef View Post
I've had Thunderbird ever since I switched to Linux full time. In addition to having multiple accounts flowing into one place (I've got several Gmail accounts, an Outlook, and a legacy Hotmail account), I had heard a few horror stories of people's Gmail accounts being banned for spurious reasons with no recourse; and so I decided having a local copy of all of my emails would be a good idea.
I finally got OAuth & Thunderbird working to fetch ALL my gmail (since the start of OAuth imposed) last week (I usually BCCed to my own domain when sending from Gmail, but I forwarded all that too). I finally got SPF and DKIM working on all my domains a week earlier.

I also download every ebook from Amazon via Download & Transfer option as not only can Google kill all your gmail at a whim, and Playstore accounts (so I install apps on multiple devices), but if Amazon thinks you have made too many returns of physical goods they can kill your account, which kills Kindle ebook downloads and kills any publisher account for KDP upload.

Also in any legal action the web provider might delete or lose emails, or that can happen anyway, or they can be hacked and read (many ISPs).
So all my gmail web accounts are empty and automatically emptied when I'm online. I have backups of all my email and two running copies on separate machines.

The UI of gmail is also ghastly for trimming a reply or search, or organising.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote