View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 04:27 PM   #9
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Great, Kevin. Thanks. Three questions.
1) I don't see any "Sanity" on my 2.1.0 Sigil. I just have Tools>Well-formed check Epub. Is that the same thing?
It's the same thing...you are running a "Sanity" check using the tool: Well-Formed check...

Quote:
2) Do the files have to be xhtml or just html for the Preview and Well-Formed/Sanity check to detect such issues?
xhtml IS html...it's just following rules that are a little more strict...like requiring a closing </p> tags at the end of each paragraph, or all lower-case tags (<p> and not <P>). The end of the file does not have to be ".xhtml" it is just a convention to show you are following the stricter rule requirements.

Quote:
3) What does the Tools>Validate Stylesheets with W3C do? (It just seems to open the stylesheet in Notepad.)
It sends the contents of your stylesheet to an online checker to make sure it is correct. Make sure you have the stylesheet selected when you click on the tool. You can select which standard (CSS 2/2.1/3) to check against in General Settings/Validation Tab.
I personally use the CSSValidator plugin instead... It keeps the check local instead of sending it online.

edit: actually not sure that it is required to have the stylesheet selected in bookbrowser first... I think Sigil automatically checks anything on any stylesheet in the book; it doesn't even have to be properly linked to an html file!

Last edited by Turtle91; 04-04-2024 at 04:59 PM.
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote