View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 10:06 PM   #26
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
BTW: I think there is an interesting conversation to be had about Mormons and fantasy.

I'm an atheist myself, but I have a good friend that is a Mormon and have gone to a couple of Mormon bookstores with her. That is a religion that is very supportive of fantasy.

They had tons of fantasy novels, kids fantasy novels that I would have actually read and the books didn't feel like the thinly disguised indoctrination that I remember religious kids books having when I was a kid.

The church I grew up in thought reading Magic Kingdom for sale-Sold! was an invitation to Satan worship.
I'm an agnostic. That is, I neither believe nor deny an existence beyond the material world. Perhaps there is something, perhaps not. As long as the books I read don't outright preach or try to indoctrinate me, I'm fine.

An interesting bit about fantasy-loving Mormons, yes.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote