View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 09:34 AM   #18
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Air3 & Palma, Scribe & Paperwhite, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
A rant, related to fanfics: Authors tagging a character who only appears for half a paragraph and says one line. Or even worse, only appear in a mention.
I hang around a lot of fanfic forums, and while many see 'tag walls' as a problem, others see it as a 'selling' point and encourage other writers to do so.

Drives me crazy. You can't find anything if everything is listed. I remember when Amazon and eBay sellers went through that phase, where they wanted their item to show up on as many searches as possible. I was SO glad when they cracked down on that.

I think too many fanfic writers are focusing on every type of writing 'hack' to get attention, tag walls, number count, 'face claims'... rather than working on what really needs work. Actual story telling.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote