Thread: Clara HD Clara HD or Libra H2o
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 07:50 AM   #11
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I bought a Libra 2 a few weeks ago. For years I've used 6" eink ereaders, including two paperwhites. Changing to a 7" device is taking time. The light seems so much brighter because it covers a larger area. Holding, or propping it up at a distance, helps, but it still leaves a sense of 'light blindness' when I look away from the reader - I can still see the light in my eyes.
I have the light set at about 10% any lower than this and the screen seems very dark.

I mention this in relation to your migraines. Is it just bright light or flickering which triggers them? The screen doesn't flicker, provided you set the page turn refresh to every chapter. Keeping the light down at about 5% might help.

Out of interest, but not wanting to derail the thread, what light setting do others with a Libra 2 use?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote