View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 03:24 PM   #26
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I sort of can't believe it but I simply forgot about the library. But that was back when I was among the gainfully employed and a) didn't read that much, mainly nonfiction, and b) could afford to buy books. Now when I hear about a new author I first check the library and if they have it I get it from there. If it's a series and they're missing any and I like the author I don't hesitate to buy the missing ones when I get to that point in the series, or I'll buy an author's books if it's not part of a series and I like the author.

For me the library is crucial because I have a problem where if the author doesn't make me care about the character(s), I just can't finish the book. So for at least 90% I'll read a few chapters and go "meh" (just before I fall asleep from boredom) and delete it and start the next one.

My library uses OverDrive and Enki. I did a search category and for fiction Enki has 54,497 (English) while for OverDrive it says 34,801 (all languages I think). I have no idea how much overlap there is.

If I use the library's main/combined search it often doesn't find an ebook that the OverDrive and Enki search pages will find.

Last edited by hobnail; 09-24-2021 at 03:59 PM.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote