View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 01:26 PM   #1
eventualmente
eventualmente began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini N705
Cannot setup Kobo Mini N705 after factory reset

Hello all!

This is my first time using this forum, I hope this thread is not a duplicate.
I have read about similar problems in other threads but I am not sure if those solutions would work for me (I am not very tech savvy and could use some guidance )

After years of letting it collect dust I decided to use my Kobo Mini again. I remembered having received an an email about having to update the software a long time ago (2019), and so I did (plugging it to my computer). It seems that the library synced, but I am not sure the software was updated. Since I had a ton of half-read books I decided to do a factory reset... which apparently was a huge mistake.

Now I can turn it on but I cannot go through the setup process: if I do it via Wi-Fi it get stuck on the "Please wait while we upgrade your e-reader screen", and if I do it via my computer, Kobo Desktop gets stuck on a loop: "Downloading eReader upgrade", "Installing eReader upgrade" and I get the following error message:

Quote:
Please connect to the Internet

Oops, something happened to your internet connection and we couldn't finish your update. Please check your connection and try again.
Nothing is wrong with my internet connection. Why is this happening? From what I've seen in other threads, problems with the Kobo Mini could be fixed by replacing the SD card. Would this solution fix my issue?

Thank you so much for your time
eventualmente is offline   Reply With Quote