Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-04-2024, 09:43 PM   #1
GrandNeko40
GrandNeko40 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
prevent device transfer based on book tag?

spent a couple minutes searching, but haven't found what i was looking for.

can i prevent calibre from transferring undesired books to my device, based on tags or other metadata?

for instance, i have a few epub copies of cookbooks i've purchased, but those just never look good on my kobo -- plus, they're hundreds of megabytes each. i'd like to make it so that any book i tag with "cookbook" or "recipe" or whatever, never gets copied to my devices.

sometimes i'll go a month or more between device library syncs, and i'll have bought 1-10 more books in that time. and sometimes i'll accidentally select a 900mb cookbook by mistake, and hit the "send to device" button. does calibre offer a feature to help me keep from doing this?
GrandNeko40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 10:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not directly but you can always hide such books by clicking the tag twice in the tag browser on the left and only then do send to device operation.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, device, library management, metadata, tags