Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-04-2024, 06:04 PM   #46
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Libra 2, Elipsa, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogm4n View Post
I've seen similar on regular tablets. It was light catching the usually clear traces of the capacitive touch layer. I don't know if it's certain angles and certain polarization, etc. but it looked much like your photo. I couldn't see it straight on, only at an off angle.
I can see mine straight on but could only get it to photograph at an angle. I can only see it in really bright light. Somebody on Reddit suggested it's the touch layer too, so it sounds like that's the answer! As long as it's supposed to be there, I can ignore it. I just wanted to make sure that it was normal
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 03:16 AM   #47
cycojesus
Enthusiast
cycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim View Post
Pfff so bad, I went into several shops today, they sell the Kobo color, but they don't exhibit any for test.

One store said that it's Kobo sales reps who decide what to put on the shelves.

What the heck.... How one can buy a device without even putting its hand on it to play a bit.
I don't know where you are but the FNAC in Lyon, commercial center Part-Dieu had one on display when I went there to collect my pre-ordered one april 30th.
cycojesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 10:55 AM   #48
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Well, I can no longer say I'm satisfied. My warm light up and died on me.

I contacted Kobo support and they are willing to cover it under the device warranty, but their policy of waiting until they receive the device plus 5 business days means I'll be without my device for a long while and that the return period is going to expire by the time I get the new one (probably)

I just can't believe I'm having this problem on an ereader that's a week old. My previous one lasted for years without any serious problems :/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016.jpeg
Views:	161
Size:	432.4 KB
ID:	208077  
Old 05-05-2024, 11:05 AM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hir7een View Post
Well, I can no longer say I'm satisfied. My warm light up and died on me.

I contacted Kobo support and they are willing to cover it under the device warranty, but their policy of waiting until they receive the device plus 5 business days means I'll be without my device for a long while and that the return period is going to expire by the time I get the new one (probably)

I just can't believe I'm having this problem on an ereader that's a week old. My previous one lasted for years without any serious problems :/
That photo look like the front light is also dead as it's too dark for the light to be on at 100%. That is a shame that the light is dead, but at least you have your L2 to read with until the LC gets replaced.

There should be no problem. If your replacement was also not working properly, you'd be able to sort it under warranty and I would expect you could return it if you wanted.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-05-2024 at 11:07 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 11:59 AM   #50
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
That's unfortunate. But in case you haven't done so, I would be sure to try a reboot first. I've seen stranger things that can be fixed by turning it off and on again.

(This is why I prefer buying retail, or failing that, Amazon. 14-Day DOA refund is good consumer protection.)
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 12:49 PM   #51
7hir7een
Reader of Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
That's unfortunate. But in case you haven't done so, I would be sure to try a reboot first. I've seen stranger things that can be fixed by turning it off and on again.

(This is why I prefer buying retail, or failing that, Amazon. 14-Day DOA refund is good consumer protection.)
I did a force reset twice at the instruction of the kobo rep. No dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That photo look like the front light is also dead as it's too dark for the light to be on at 100%. That is a shame that the light is dead, but at least you have your L2 to read with until the LC gets replaced.

There should be no problem. If your replacement was also not working properly, you'd be able to sort it under warranty and I would expect you could return it if you wanted.
The front light works on 0% warmlight (completely blue toned), but I guess the orangey LEDs that would be on when the warmlight is at 100% are what died. And I use the warm light all the time!

Last edited by 7hir7een; 05-05-2024 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Adding response to JSWolf
Old 05-05-2024, 02:13 PM   #52
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If the warm LEDs had died, you might expect the light to remain cold and slowly get dimmer the more warmness you add, since fewer white LEDs are used as the warmth increases. This sounds more like an electronics failure of some kind, e.g. the warm LEDs work fine, but as soon as you try to engage them, the device shuts off the frontlight entirely.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 03:19 PM   #53
7hir7een
Reader of Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
If the warm LEDs had died, you might expect the light to remain cold and slowly get dimmer the more warmness you add, since fewer white LEDs are used as the warmth increases. This sounds more like an electronics failure of some kind, e.g. the warm LEDs work fine, but as soon as you try to engage them, the device shuts off the frontlight entirely.
I phrased it poorly, this is what it does. I had the warm light on 50% at the moment it died and it got really dim and greenish. I just took a photo at 100% warm light to prove to the kobo reps that it was not functioning correctly and that was the plainest way to do so.
Old 05-05-2024, 03:52 PM   #54
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hir7een View Post
I contacted Kobo support and they are willing to cover it under the device warranty, but their policy of waiting until they receive the device plus 5 business days means I'll be without my device for a long while and that the return period is going to expire by the time I get the new one (probably):/
This and the slowness in getting orders is why I stopped using Kobo. They simply do not try to compete in quality of service. With a Kindle you can get it the same day or even overnight. That said, the fact that Amazon had been deleting side loaded books from readers that have been disconnected from wifi for a while and the niceness of the new L2C have drawn me back. I guess the kindle will have to be the backup if something goes wrong with the L2C.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 03:58 PM   #55
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Amazon doesn't do same day or overnight in Ireland. A week to 10 days was common for Kindles.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 04:40 PM   #56
7hir7een
Reader of Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
This and the slowness in getting orders is why I stopped using Kobo. They simply do not try to compete in quality of service. With a Kindle you can get it the same day or even overnight. That said, the fact that Amazon had been deleting side loaded books from readers that have been disconnected from wifi for a while and the niceness of the new L2C have drawn me back. I guess the kindle will have to be the backup if something goes wrong with the L2C.
I've gotten away from kindles (other than my basic which I keep for my purse ereader and for when books are only on kindle) because they fight the jailbreaking so hard. Kindles aren't customizable enough, so I always want to install KOReader for the customization and file formats and you can't do that without a jailbreak. That and the deletion of sideloaded books (which almost all of mine are) just got me away from that ecosystem. I wish I could have the Amazon quality customer service on an open device, but that just didn't happen this time around. (And I'm kind of paying for it)

Last edited by 7hir7een; 05-05-2024 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 07:54 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Amazon doesn't do same day or overnight in Ireland. A week to 10 days was common for Kindles.
That is odd. They do next day in the UK.
Old 05-06-2024, 05:20 AM   #58
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Mine is also going back for a screen defect. It looks like the the layers of bottom left corner of the screen aren't glued properly and it's lighter than the rest of the screen. (I've reset the device and cleaned the screen, which did not help)

I got an RMA number and a returns label, which my sister will print for me at work today. Then I can return it tomorrow. I'm hoping they'll send a replacement soon, because I did like reader. Until then it's back to my Paperwhite.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 06:38 AM   #59
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That is odd. They do next day in the UK.
It will depend where you are in the UK and if you have Prime subscription. Also the product.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 07:39 AM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It will depend where you are in the UK and if you have Prime subscription. Also the product.
You don't need a prime subscription. You just need to pay more for shipping.

Tags
color, libra