Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-04-2024, 12:08 PM   #16
notatree
notatree began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage | Kobo Clara 2E/Libra 2 (128GB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
Sorry, no images.Trying again.

EDIT: gosh, how I hate this platform. I am planning to launch a forum dedicated to e-readers. Contact me if anyone would like to join later. Anyway, for some reason, the attachment manager is not working on my mobile. I'm travelling so I will post images in a couple of days from home.
Thank you in advance and I'm sorry for the hassle!
notatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 04:03 AM   #17
Frostbite
Enthusiast
Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by notatree View Post
Thank you in advance and I'm sorry for the hassle!
No problem, here it is. As said, I don't see a difference with just 5% brightness.

Also, the images from the phone are not very clear. If you want I can send another set of images with the same settings now when I am at home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0500 Large.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	208095   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0499 Large.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	208096  

Last edited by Frostbite; 05-06-2024 at 04:08 AM.
Frostbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2024, 09:36 AM   #18
Thena
Thena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Libra 2
Thank you for the review. Even though I recently got a Kobo Libra 2, I looked into getting a Pocketbook Era. It's a bit harder where I am and more expensive. I may still get it as a backup or alternative 7" device. I like recessed screens but it sounds like for most people, the extra layer is not an issue.
Thena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 12:01 PM   #19
Frostbite
Enthusiast
Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Frostbite can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

What I've seen with both Pocketbooks is that you better change from the default font and the text will look much sharper.

The screen is not an issue to me at all.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:32 PM   #20
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
What I've seen with both Pocketbooks is that you better change from the default font and the text will look much sharper.

The screen is not an issue to me at all.
True. I wasn't happy with any of the fonts that came with my PocketBooks. All too light for me. I installed Constantia and use it for everything (and am very happy with it).

Same deal with the other readers that can sideload fonts. A dark font makes all the difference in the world for me.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2024, 02:27 AM   #21
Frostbite
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
True. I wasn't happy with any of the fonts that came with my PocketBooks. All too light for me. I installed Constantia and use it for everything (and am very happy with it).

Same deal with the other readers that can sideload fonts. A dark font makes all the difference in the world for me.
I went with PT Serif (pre-loaded). The fonts now look sharp, clean and easy to read. I tried Bookerly and Atkinson Hyperlegible, but that PT Serif is actually the best for me.

Just the default font is not crisp enough. I don't know why.
Old 05-10-2024, 12:24 AM   #22
robertpolson
Connoisseur
robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post

Can you please share where did you get Constantia font?
robertpolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 10:58 AM   #23
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolson View Post
Can you please share where did you get Constantia font?
I think a web search brings up an uncountable number of download sites, but anyway here is what I'm using, thickened a bit with fontforge. I think I emboldened by 1.02 or something the like, but each time I open fontforge it takes me a quarter of an hour to figure out where the setting was, so can't tell for sure. Also, when saving the fonts fontforge complained about many path inconsistencies, which I couldn't resolve. Anyway, having copied both the regular and the italic version (the file naming is mine), I'm quite pleased by the result on my device. YMMV.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Constantia.zip (279.2 KB, 24 views)
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 12:11 PM   #24
robertpolson
Connoisseur
robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastEriq View Post
I think a web search brings up an uncountable number of download sites, but anyway here is what I'm using, thickened a bit with fontforge. I think I emboldened by 1.02 or something the like, but each time I open fontforge it takes me a quarter of an hour to figure out where the setting was, so can't tell for sure. Also, when saving the fonts fontforge complained about many path inconsistencies, which I couldn't resolve. Anyway, having copied both the regular and the italic version (the file naming is mine), I'm quite pleased by the result on my device. YMMV.
Thank you. I'll give it a try.
robertpolson is offline   Reply With Quote