Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2019, 10:59 AM   #31
Vetchy
Connoisseur
Vetchy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I ticked every box in the Google Fonts Customize tab for Cuprum. The 4 files downloaded OK but the filesizes look very small - 96K for Cuprum-Regular. Does that sound correct?
Yes, that correct.

P.S.
I'm found mistake in my UI Path, just write PT Serif, instead 'PT Serif' — now works fine in all pages on book.
And i'm apply scrubber path, work good.
Vetchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:12 AM   #32
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetchy View Post
Yes, that correct.

P.S.
I'm found mistake in my UI Path, just write PT Serif, instead 'PT Serif' — now works fine in all pages on book.
And i'm apply scrubber path, work good.
Some progress, then?

Once you've finished patching your Kobo to get it as good as you can with current patches, please will you post more screenshots (or photos) so I can see what you are seeing.
  1. Book list items
  2. book open, showing scrubber
  3. book open, no scrubber
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2019, 11:46 AM   #33
vostro
Connoisseur
vostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Scribe,Elipsa,PWSE,FORMA,KOA2,KV,KA1, KAH2O, PW1-4, KA, AKT,
Quote:

I'm quoting myself again because it's important. You must make sure the red bit in the patch matches the actual internal fontname of your copy of Code2000. Double-clicking the .ttf file in Windows would show you the internal fontname.

Put it in nickel.yaml (or wherever you keep your other custom nickel patches).
thanks a lot for the code, it's indeed Code2000 rather than CD2000 as this name was also put in dictionary font patch which works well, but unfortunately the new beta2 patch didn't work out in booklist, there is still missing content in booklist name, i tested separately with your original script as well as the following script, both has missing content.

Custom GUI Chinese TW Book title - beta2:
- Enabled: yes
- Description: Change font-family of basic GUI for zh-TW Book title field
- FindZlib: "HeaderSmallElidedLabel,\nHeaderSmallItalicLab el {\n font"
- ReplaceZlibGroup:
Replacements:
# Book Title in Book list (HeaderSmallElidedLabel)
# Change font-family - all Kobo models
- Find: "HeaderSmallElidedLabel[localeName=\"zh-TW\"],\nHeaderSmallItalicLabel[localeName=\"zh-TW\"] {\n font-family: Sans-SerifZH-Traditional, sans-serif;"
Replace: "HeaderSmallElidedLabel[localeName=\"zh-TW\"],\nHeaderSmallItalicLabel[localeName=\"zh-TW\"] {\n font-family: Code2000, sans-serif;"
- Find: "HeaderSmallElidedLabel[localeName=\"zh-HK\"],\nHeaderSmallItalicLabel[localeName=\"zh-HK\"] {\n font-family: Sans-SerifZH-Traditional, sans-serif;"
Replace: "HeaderSmallElidedLabel[localeName=\"zh-HK\"],\nHeaderSmallItalicLabel[localeName=\"zh-HK\"] {\n font-family: Code2000, sans-serif;"
- Find: "HeaderSmallElidedLabel[localeName=\"zh\"],\nHeaderSmallItalicLabel[localeName=\"zh\"] {\n font-family: Sans-SerifZH-Traditional, sans-serif;"
Replace: "HeaderSmallElidedLabel[localeName=\"zh\"],\nHeaderSmallItalicLabel[localeName=\"zh\"] {\n font-family: Code2000, sans-serif;"
vostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 12:24 PM   #34
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vostro View Post
thanks a lot for the code, it's indeed Code2000 rather than CD2000 as this name was also put in dictionary font patch which works well, but unfortunately the new beta2 patch didn't work out in booklist, there is still missing content in booklist name, i tested separately with your original script as well as the following script, both has missing content.
Did you go to post #2 to follow hints of how to force the Kobo to load all it's fonts after re-boot?
Old 10-02-2019, 01:14 PM   #35
vostro
Connoisseur
vostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Quote:
Did you go to post #2 to follow hints of how to force the Kobo to load all it's fonts after re-boot?
yes, i tried all of suggestions but still no luck.
Advert
Old 10-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #36
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
yes, i tried all of suggestions but still no luck.
Given we got this far I'm assuming nothing terrible happened?

I'm not sure what else to try at the moment without being able to see what you are seeing. Could you:
  1. Tell me which of the Chinese locales to choose in settings to get "zh-TW". As I can't read the labels you'll need to describe it as 'column 2, row x'. I'm guessing x is 4 or 5.
  2. PM me a link to a real Chinese epub/kepub (no DRM) where you are seeing missing content in its Book title.
  3. Post an image here (screenshot or camera) showing this book in your current Book list.
I may get lost in the Chinese GUI because I can't read the labels but I do have spare Kobos in English I can place alongside the Chinese one.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:30 PM   #37
vostro
Connoisseur

Quote:
Given we got this far I'm assuming nothing terrible happened?

I'm not sure what else to try at the moment without being able to see what you are seeing.
strange things happened after trying to connect PC with kobo H2O to copy epub files out to PC for you to test because i put all epub files on kobo H2O's external microSD. after disconnecting H2O with PC, all the missing content in booklist got displayed correctly although i tried everything in post #2 which didn't work out. anyway, that might be due to some unknown reason systemUI font didn't get reloaded with sideloaded font, but at least this patch eventually work out. many thanks indeed.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #38
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
strange things happened after trying to connect PC with kobo H2O to copy epub files out to PC for you to test because i put all epub files on kobo H2O's external microSD. after disconnecting H2O with PC, all the missing content in booklist got displayed correctly although i tried everything in post #2 which didn't work out. anyway, that might be due to some unknown reason systemUI font didn't get reloaded with sideloaded font, but at least this patch eventually work out. many thanks indeed.
Where would you like to go from here?
Old 10-02-2019, 03:02 PM   #39
vostro
Connoisseur

Quote:
Where would you like to go from here?
again, strange things happened, after sideloading a new book into H2O, missing content comes back to booklist. i tried with every method but no luck. I have sent the files you asked to your PM. many thanks.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:12 PM   #40
Vetchy
Connoisseur
Vetchy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Some progress, then?

Once you've finished patching your Kobo to get it as good as you can with current patches, please will you post more screenshots (or photos) so I can see what you are seeing.
  1. Book list items
  2. book open, showing scrubber
  3. book open, no scrubber
Yes, all look more correct and accuracy. I will spent some time for take pair for fonts, now just testing.
Below you find more screens, almost all have PT Serif fonts: lock screen, home, collections, settings etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-10-02 22.04.24.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	173901   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-10-02 22.04.26.jpeg
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	173902   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-10-02 22.04.27.jpeg
Views:	192
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	173903   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-10-02 22.04.28.jpeg
Views:	185
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	173904   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-10-02 22.04.30.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	173905   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-10-02 22.04.31.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	173906   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-10-02 22.04.33.jpeg
Views:	181
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	173907   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-10-02 22.04.35.jpeg
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	173908   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-10-02 22.04.37.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	173909   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-10-02 22.04.39.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	173910   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-10-02 22.04.41.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	173911  
Vetchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:12 PM   #41
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
again, strange things happened, after sideloading a new book into H2O, missing content comes back to booklist. i tried with every method but no luck. I have sent the files you asked to your PM. many thanks.
Can I just confirm, the 2 images of Book list you sent me. One is with locale set to English and the other the same Book list with locale set "zh-TW"?
Old 10-02-2019, 03:17 PM   #42
vostro
Connoisseur

Quote:
Can I just confirm, the 2 images of Book list you sent me. One is with locale set to English and the other the same Book list with locale set "zh-TW"?
yes, thanks.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:54 PM   #43
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

@vostro,

I may have had at least some success (I think) with this patch.

It changes both Georgia/Avenir to Code2000 without changing any of the "zh-TW" specific CSS at all. You don't need to change anything in it and it should be safe. It targets the whole of the main GUI, which includes most of Book list.

Custom GUI Eng system fonts to Code2000
Spoiler:
Code:
Custom GUI Eng system fonts to Code2000:
  - Enabled: yes
  - Description: Fonts Georgia/Avenir to Code2000. Leave all zh locale CSS alone
  - FindZlib: "QWidget[smallIconHeight=true][qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true]"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        - {Find: "font-family: Georgia;", Replace: "font-family:Code2000,Georgia;"}
        - {Find: "font-family: Avenir;",  Replace: "font-family:Code2000,Avenir;"}

I tried it on my H2O with locale set to both English and "zh-TW" and multiple re-boots. Every time I eventually had the same success getting Code2000 in the Book list.

For some GUI pages Code2000 was not displayed, even when using "zh-TW" locale but I don't think there were any "empty box" characters.

This what I did:
  • Apply patch and re-boot
  • Home screen does not use Code2000 (not surprising, Home screen uses different CSS than the one we just patched)
  • Open Book list, missing characters, Code2000 not displayed.
  • Open one of your Chinese kepubs. Close again.
  • Back to Book list. No missing characters, Code2000 displayed in whole Book list (not very attractive for English words )

If you don't see the same results every time you re-boot then I'm wondering whether the difference is due to you using the microSD for your books. I've never done this so I don't know what "Kobo quirks" (and I think there are several) to expect with microSD.

If the above is not successful try copying a couple of "problem" books to the H2O main memory to see whether the Book list behaves any differently for these books.

Last edited by jackie_w; 10-02-2019 at 05:59 PM. Reason: code checked
Old 10-02-2019, 06:07 PM   #44
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Jackie, I see on the screenshot that the footer uses 2 fonts. Is it possible to make the same font for the left and right parts of the footer?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-10-02 22.04.33.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	173917  
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:21 PM   #45
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Jackie, I see on the screenshot that the footer uses 2 fonts. Is it possible to make the same font for the left and right parts of the footer?
I believe this is what Vetchy was saying at the end of post #23. See my response at #26. I haven't had time to look at this yet. I will after I've done more work on vostro's Chinese issues.