Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:10 PM   #331
Lordblacknail
Groupie
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Galaxy Tab S7 Plus Kobo Libre Colour
Ok, here is my three pesos worth. The new Libre Colour is cool, I don't see any of the anomalies that others have seen with the screen or glare or whatever. Reading in black and white seems like reading on my Libre 2. It is nice to have color covers. It is nice that I can load Uncle Scrooge and Opus and Annie Fanny. Will I ever, ever actually read them on the Libre? Probably not. I have a tablet, a bunch of PC's and more tablets. Am I glad I bought it? Yes. Would I buy it again knowing what I know now? Yes. For the extra battery and the faster processor if nothing else.

I have found one issue that I don't like so far. On the Libre 2, I make the name of the book, Toxic Prey A34. Meaning it is part of a series, probably his main series, and the 34th book in that series. The Libra 2 shows that. The Libre Colour shows the cover, in color, but in no meta data showing the book number. It just shows the cover. Now if you click the lines under the cover, details, you can see that information and more. I did that on the Orphan X series by Gregg Hurwitz, and I only loaded six books of the ten in the series, because I wasn't sure I would like it, and it quickly became a pain before I found which was the second book. Anyway, what if I was reading a series like Pratchet, or Evanovich, or somebody with a ton of books in a series? I am not going to open each cover to read the details to see what number it is.

Anyway, that is my first issue. I am sure I will find a solution, or someone will.

Bottom line is, I am happy I bought it, and I would buy it again.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM   #332
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Yes, your signature is now just Cute Jack.

If you have a series column set up in calibre, that should be sent to your Libra Colour on the second connect (the first connect, the books are transferred and import when you safely eject. This creates the database entries to which much the metadata is sent during the second connection).

See attached image for an example of what the screen looks like on my Libra Colour.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	23
Size:	357.6 KB
ID:	208064  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote