Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-03-2024, 01:39 PM   #9571
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by secasa View Post
Hi, I wasn't really sure but assumed here would be a good place for a feature request...or guidance on how to do it if it's already a thing. Is there a way that a future update could somehow integrate with Calibre's Adding Actions or Metadata Download to alter and replace tags as we download ebooks using FanFicFare? ...
FFF does not integrate with Calibre's Add or Metadata download features.

Instead FFF has a ton of options and features for setting / updating Calibre's various metadata columns on download and/or update.

Start by looking in FFF's Config on the Standard and Custom Columns tabs. There's also FFF's wiki pages and past posts here.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:50 PM   #9572
secasa
secasa began at the beginning.

Device: laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FFF does not integrate with Calibre's Add or Metadata download features.

Instead FFF has a ton of options and features for setting / updating Calibre's various metadata columns on download and/or update.

Start by looking in FFF's Config on the Standard and Custom Columns tabs. There's also FFF's wiki pages and past posts here.
Thanks for the quick reply! I've utilized the custom columns and absolutely love it for sorting certain metadata categories, but what I'm talking about is altering a series of individual tags automatically. Adding Actions on the main Calibre doesn't alter tags on fics that have been downloaded with FanFicFare and there isn't a way that I can find to do a mass clean up by applying the saved rules post-download.
secasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 03:41 PM   #9573
mrEd
mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: none
Another issue on literotica.

The story Guardian program is downloading with one less chapter than it should.
/authors/RCPeterGabriel/works/stories

There's a prologue, and then 27 chapters. lit has it listed as 28 parts, but FFF will only download 27 using plugin or CLI.

It works fine on other multipart stories.
mrEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 04:47 PM   #9574
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The site doesn't show all super recent chapters when not logged in. And FFF doesn't have code to login to literotica.

It's come up before and the chapters that were hidden then are downloadable now. Just give it a few days.
Old Yesterday, 07:38 AM   #9575
Anyssia
Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Forma
eFiction/WTF

Hello !

I tried grabbing fics from the Walking the Plank archive today, but FFF doesn't seem to recognize the url has something that can be downloaded?

Github says WTP is supported with a url like
walkingtheplank
Example URLs:
EDIT

But if I use "download from url" with for ex:
EDIT

FFF tells me the url isn't valid. Any suggestion please?

EDIT: never mind, I just realized my problem. Keeping this up in case someone faces the same: I have an addon in firefox that auto makes my urls as https.
FFF works fine with the urls if I change https in http
Moderator Notice

Removed NSFW URLs

Last edited by JimmXinu; Yesterday at 10:23 AM. Reason: Remove NSFW URLs
Anyssia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM   #9576
mrEd
mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
The site doesn't show all super recent chapters when not logged in. And FFF doesn't have code to login to literotica.
Tried with another story, and it's missing 5 days worth of stuff, so I thought I'd see what's going on. Seems that it's the series page where the chapters are missing, not the authors works page.

Is there any chance we could get an option to ignore the series and just grab the single chapter from the URL provided? That would allow me to do like I always did with lit, and combine the chapter to the end of the book manually.
Previously, the chapters waiting to be assigned to the series would download as a single chapter when using FFF.
Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM   #9577
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyssia View Post
EDIT: never mind, I just realized my problem. Keeping this up in case someone faces the same: I have an addon in firefox that auto makes my urls as https.
FFF works fine with the urls if I change https in http
Glad you figured it out.

FYI, mobileread doesn't want NSFW links. Given that the home page of walkingtheplank is an 'Are you 18?' page, I assume it's a NSFW site. In future, please use PMs for NSFW URLs.

I removed the URLs from your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrEd View Post
Tried with another story, and it's missing 5 days worth of stuff, so I thought I'd see what's going on. Seems that it's the series page where the chapters are missing, not the authors works page.

Is there any chance we could get an option to ignore the series and just grab the single chapter from the URL provided? That would allow me to do like I always did with lit, and combine the chapter to the end of the book manually.
Previously, the chapters waiting to be assigned to the series would download as a single chapter when using FFF.
If we were talking about a new site, I would seriously consider making individual chapter URLs only download that chapter (for literotica) across the board.

However, we have several years of people collecting stories from literotica using the first chapter as the story/series URLs.

Adding it as an INI option might be possible, but you'd either end up adding it for logs of [storyURL] sections, or having it for all stories on that site...
Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM   #9578
mrEd

Thanks anyway. I'll go back to marking updated lit stories by putting the date in the future in calibre, so I remember to keep trying an update.
Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM   #9579
Anyssia
Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Forma
Speaking of Walking the Plank:

I know how to add custom column with AO3

Quote:
## For the AO3 site-specific hits & kudos, you need to turn on the 'Allow
## custom_columns_settings' checkbox on the 'Custom Columns' tab of FFF
## config. You can then go into the personal.ini tab of FFF config and add
## custom_columns_settings settings under the [archiveofourown.org] section
## (which you may have to add if you don't already have one). Note the
## space at the beginning of each line under custom_columns_settings.
## https://groups.google.com/g/fanfic-d...ysN9sqhs?pli=1
add_to_custom_columns_settings:
kudos=>#kudos
hits=>#hits
I tried the same with the read count of WTP, but it doesn't work so far.
I tried
read count=>#hits
read=>#hits

Am I doing something wrong or is it just not possible with WTP, please?

EDIT: found it, it's
reads=>#hits

Last edited by Anyssia; Yesterday at 02:15 PM.
Anyssia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction