Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-21-2023, 08:39 AM   #1
Lunar Ronin
Lunar Ronin began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Question Nook for Windows App Still Supported?

Howdy! I pre-ordered the upcoming Nook Glowlight 4 Plus e-reader, and bought four new Nook ebooks to go with it. I thought that I'd start reading one before the Glowlight 4 Plus arrives, and downloaded the Nook for Windows app from the Microsoft Store.

I opened the app up, clicked "Sign in with your NOOK account," filled in my e-mail address and password, and clicked "Sign in." I then received an error message: "Please enter a valid email address."

My e-mail address is valid, however it uses one of the newer domain TLDs, one that is more than three characters like .com and .net. Barnes & Noble was more than willing to take and use that e-mail address for me to pre-order the Glowlight 4 Plus and for me to purchase four Nook ebooks. It was also able to use that e-mail address to sign me up for a couple of Barnes & Noble e-mail newsletters and confirm my e-mail address for those e-mail newsletter subscriptions.

I looked throughout the Barnes & Noble website's Nook support section, but there was nothing to be found in regards to the Windows app. Only the Android and iOS mobile apps are mentioned. I did some searching via DuckDuckGo, and found some posts on Reddit from last year mentioning that the Nook for Windows app was pulled and no longer supported. But I was able to search for it on the Microsoft Store and download it just fine?

Does anyone know if the Nook for Windows app is indeed discontinued? I'm just wondering if I should bother contacting Barnes & Noble in regards to my issue, seeing as that they would probably need to update the Nook for Windows app to support newer domain TLDs.

I just hope that I'll be able to use the Glowlight 4 Plus that I pre-ordered...
Lunar Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 10:03 AM   #2
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
My Nook app from the Microsoft Store is working fine. Of course, my email address is very old and is a .com address, so I am not sure how to help. I would suggest calling B&N but that has never been very helpful in the past. Sorry. Good luck.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2023, 05:30 PM   #3
The_Enobee
The_Enobee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
I too am using the Nook for Windows app with a .com email address (on Windows 11). I checked the help section in the app, and some of this may help if you need to get support:

Nook for Windows help email address:
nookforwindows@book.com

They also claim to offer support through Twitter:
@NOOK_Care

And this is the support page linked from the app, which may be out of date considering the landing spot is for Windows 8:
http://www.nook.com/support/faqs?cou...evice=Windows8

Only thing I noticed around registration limitations was needing to use a Microsoft account if you are outside the US and UK.
The_Enobee is offline   Reply With Quote