Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
belle2
belle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle DX
Unhappy Trouble accessing installed library

My copy of Calibre was having difficulties so I deleted it and reinstalled.
I used the wizard to access the library, which was fine.

The trouble is when I click on the Calibre Library button I keep getting the switch/create library screen.

This means that if I do a search and then want to go back to the library I can't access it.

The only work around I've come up with is to install a second library so I can use the switch library function. I have to switch to the second library and then back to the first to give me access.

Any ideas appreciated.

belle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2 View Post
My copy of Calibre was having difficulties so I deleted it and reinstalled.
I used the wizard to access the library, which was fine.

The trouble is when I click on the Calibre Library button I keep getting the switch/create library screen.

This means that if I do a search and then want to go back to the library I can't access it.

The only work around I've come up with is to install a second library so I can use the switch library function. I have to switch to the second library and then back to the first to give me access.

Any ideas appreciated.

Is your Library on a Networked drive? Network drives are not supported and are prone to data problems if you do manage to connect
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont understand what you are asking. If you have only one library, why do you need to go back to it after doing a search? It will still bein the same library. Just click the clear search button to the right of the search bar.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2 View Post
This is exactly what you should get when you click that button. The only reason to click this button is to switch libraries or create a new library. I haven't had this button on my main toolbar for over a year.

Kovid has answered your question to clear a search click the second icon to the right of the search bar.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:41 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
... to clear a search click the second icon to the right of the search bar.
The Escape key will also clear current search

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
belle2
belle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle DX
Thank you everyone! I'll go back and play.
belle2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
access, library