Notices

Old 05-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
rahlquist
Enthusiast
rahlquist is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Color (ICS)
Accessing same Library from 2 PC's

Hello,

I recently moved my primary library from my Win 7 pc to my Linux pc. If the linux copy of calibre is shut down is there any harm in launching the library from my pc if need be? I understand personalization settings wouldn't be the same but would there be any other potential issues?

Thanks!
rahlquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
loximuthal
Connoisseur
loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: NST, Kindle Fire, iPad2
As long as you are careful to only access the library from one instance of calibre at a time you should be ok. It is a good idea to keep both instances of claibre at the same version, though.
loximuthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I thnk there has been some earlier discussion regarding how the file system should be "shared" between Windows and linux; I seem to recall some discussions over how the file-locking options should be set..
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Be aware that Linux filenaming is case sensitive and Windows can't detect the differences if you create or rename books and/or Authors in Linux:

You can end up with 2 Author folders (in the Library structure you should not be looking at ) if created in Linux.

John Smith and John smith (not a pretty Library Maintenance check )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote