Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-03-2024, 04:49 AM   #1
SpicyPoison
SpicyPoison began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Lightbulb New Feature Request for Calibre.

I love Calibre. Without this software I wouldn't have purchased Kindle Paperwhite.
Now that I had already purchased it, I want to read any random Blog/Web Page/Article/News etc. on this device.
Is it possible to create a calibre feature, in which I save URLs of any random Blog/Web Page/Article/News etc. I come across while surfing the internet and calibre converts them as Kindle Periodicals and send them directly to my kindle so that I can read it in my own free time. Just like "Read Later" feature but with "Read Later on E-reader" advantage.

For example I am surfing internet "Best laptop accessories" and gets 10 to 15 top results from different sites. I want to read all these articles but later on my kindle as a news periodical. I will just copy URLs (or any other faster method) of all these articles into calibre and it will fetch them into a single News Periodical ready to be sent to e-reader. It is similar to Fetch News but Fetch News features downloads LATEST articles from News Sources like PCWorld. But what if want to read an old article?

Thanks for reading this.
SpicyPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 05:21 AM   #2
bluepeter
bluepeter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
OK, I know that this isn't what you asked for, but there is a workaround: Pocket. This is a web service that saves articles that you want to read later. You can then read them on a PC or tablet.

Kobo (but not Kindle) will synchronise with Pocket - my Kobo devices hold copies of entire articles (not just their URLs) that I've saved for later.
bluepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2024, 05:35 AM   #3
SpicyPoison

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepeter View Post
OK, I know that this isn't what you asked for, but there is a workaround: Pocket. This is a web service that saves articles that you want to read later. You can then read them on a PC or tablet.

Kobo (but not Kindle) will synchronise with Pocket - my Kobo devices hold copies of entire articles (not just their URLs) that I've saved for later.
But I don't have kobo. I bought Kindle Paperwhite. Hence Pocket is no use for me because I want to read on kindle and not PC Tablet.
Old 05-03-2024, 05:44 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC there is a Pocket recipe you can use.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 08:30 AM   #5
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
There is https://p2k.co/ which you can use to have your Pocket articles sent to your Kindle.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 09:42 AM   #6
SpicyPoison

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
IIRC there is a Pocket recipe you can use.
I just came across a Plugin for Wikipedia called "Wiki Reader" developed by Krittika Goyal. This plugin downloads Wikipedia articles by using URLs.

That's very similar to what I require. Instead of just limiting yourself to Wikipedia, isn't it possible to create a plugin which fetch text from any webpage/article from its URLs?

If possible to make such plugin, Please do.
Just add some customization options like Output Formats (mobi/epub/azw3) and if mobi format, if it is a periodical (News Stand) or normal ebook.