Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-28-2022, 08:09 AM   #121
kdusr
Connoisseur
kdusr began at the beginning.

Device: KOA, KV, KOA2,PW4,PW5
kdusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:21 AM   #122
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
I've just updated the download ZIP with updated instructions and added support for the following locales:
Code:
"de_AT", "it_CH", "ro_RO", "mt_MT", "es_EC", "es_US", "pt_BR", "cs_CZ", "fr_LU", "es_UY", "es_MX", "sk_SK", "es_ES", "ar_OM", "es_VE", "nl_BE", "sq_AL", "sv_SE", "da_DK", "es_NI", "iw_IL", "ko_KR", "en_US", "en_MT", "el_GR", "it_IT", "pl_PL", "fr_BE", "be_BY", "en_AU", "tr_TR", "ja_JP", "de_DE", "es_SV", "ar_QA", "de_CH", "zh_HK", "ar_YE", "es_CO", "es_CL", "fr_CA", "es_CR", "en_SG", "fr_CH", "vi_VN", "fi_FI", "en_CA", "lv_LV", "uk_UA", "es_DO", "ga_IE", "ar_IQ", "sl_SI", "ar_AE", "pt_PT", "en_GY", "en_PH", "th_TH", "in_ID", "ca_ES", "hu_HU", "ar_SA", "ar_SD", "sr_BA", "ar_BH", "ar_JO", "nl_NL", "is_IS", "es_AR", "sr_RS", "en_IE", "hr_HR", "ar_KW", "de_LU", "lt_LT", "ar_SY", "en_IN", "es_BO", "no_NO", "en_ZA", "ru_RU", "ar_TN", "ar_LB", "hi_IN", "fr_FR", "el_CY", "ms_MY", "zh_TW", "ar_LY", "sr_CS", "es_GT", "en_NZ", "es_PE", "zh_SG", "es_PA", "ar_DZ", "bg_BG", "mk_MK", "ar_MA", "sr_ME", "en_GB", "es_HN", "et_EE", "es_PR", "ar_EG", "es_PY"
This _should_ allow the jailbreak to work on all languages (if your language has equivalent menu items within the settings menu)

I've had some reports of problems installing the jailbreak on PW2+KT2/5.12.2.2 which I'm currently looking into.
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2022, 08:25 AM   #123
dash.zet
dash.zet began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Talking For those who is stuck on step 4 of the SETUP

For those who are stuck on step 4 of the SETUP:
4. Once in demo mode, skip setting up wifi and enter dummy values for store registration when prompted.

If you enter ;enter_demo, rebooted and nothing happend, just skip to step 9, because your demo mode is already setup.

Last edited by dash.zet; 04-28-2022 at 08:28 AM. Reason: grammar
dash.zet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:26 AM   #124
kenocastro
kenocastro began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
thank you so much! just successfully jbed my device, pw3, 15.13.6
kenocastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:43 AM   #125
voidnull
voidnull began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Questions

Thank you for the guide.

I have couple of questions.

1) Is this method persistent jailbreak? Will resetting the device wipe it's jailbreak?

Btw. I have reset the device now and I can see that "Update Your Kindle" is not clickable, so I assume the jailbreak is persistent.

2) Is you BIN file you provided any special or different and consistent? Meaning when I reset the device, does it still use that BIN to run the Kindle or it uses Kindles default?

When I did the reset now, it did ask me for Wi-Fi. With your BIN it did not either because it was not a reset but a cleaning procedure.

3) How do I tell me Kindle is JB?

4) What from there now? I am new to this and would like to customise it. What do I have to look out for?

Huge thanks.
voidnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2022, 08:53 AM   #126
mmmilo
mmmilo began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
[QUOTE=katadelos;4210152]AKA CVE-2022-23224, CVE-2022-23225, CVE-2022-23226 - full writeup with technical details to be released after 5.14.3 has been widely rolled out.
[*] Create an empty folder at .demo/goodreads. Do not put any files in this folder.[*] Press "Done" at the prompt to install the jailbreak script

[QUOTE=katadelos;4210152]

--> The prompt? does it come after we copy the files to the device? how is that ment?
mmmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:55 AM   #127
adwait8
adwait8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5
To those stuck on step 4 of setup. If no prompts for wifi, store registration etc comes and you go straight to homescreen, skip right ahead to step 9 and follow the instructions.
adwait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:55 AM   #128
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidnull View Post
1) Is this method persistent jailbreak? Will resetting the device wipe it's jailbreak?
As persistent as any other jailbreak once the hotfix is installed. You _should_ be able to factory reset the device without removing the jailbreak.

Quote:
2) Is you BIN file you provided any special or different and consistent? Meaning when I reset the device, does it still use that BIN to run the Kindle or it uses Kindles default?
The only thing that the hotfix does is add persistence to the jailbreak. I've created a custom version for WatchThis as there's a couple of cleanup tasks which need to be carried out before the device is ready for use. The hotfix isn't a firmware update, it's just a script that piggybacks onto the standard update mechanism so you're always using the Kindle default firmware.

Quote:
3) How do I tell me Kindle is JB?
Jailbroken devices will have an extra, non-functional library item called "Kindle Feedback"

Quote:
4) What from there now? I am new to this and would like to customise it. What do I have to look out for?
The first thing that I'd do is install KUAL and prevent further updates by installing this extension: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...33#post4076733. After that, it's up to you - have a read of this forum for inspiration
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:17 AM   #129
QBit99
Enthusiast
QBit99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 11th Gen
Unhappy Can we have a video of the whole process?

Guys, can somebody make a video of the whole thing?
QBit99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:17 AM   #130
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
THANK WORK + KOREADER I love you !!!
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:28 AM   #131
Mr42
Mr42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2,Kindle Oasis 2
I also can't find this option. And my device is kpw2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmilo View Post
Select "Help & User Guides" then "Get started"

where? in setting? in start menu?
Mr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:36 AM   #132
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Angry Missing "Display Cover" option on fw 5.14.1.1

@katadelos Updated my PW5 to fw 5.14.1.1 > successfully done the jailbreak > registered the device to my Amazon account > renamed OTA binaries > reconnected to WiFi and done bunch of "Sync", downloaded dictionaries and couple of books > done like 5 reboots after that and still I don't have that option "Display Cover" in "Device options" submenu to enable book cover as screensaver feature My PW5 is NOT "special offers". I had that option visible while the device was on 5.14.0.1 ...

Can I toggle that sh*t somehow using USBNetworking or kterm?

Also, considering the whole "safe boot" thing on PW5 is it safe to edit /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/YJReader-impl.jar to enable parsing of CONTENT_FONT_RAMP file?
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:51 AM   #133
QBit99
Enthusiast
QBit99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 11th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
THANK WORK + KOREADER I love you !!!
How did you install KO after the jailbreak?
QBit99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:52 AM   #134
mmmilo
mmmilo began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
PPW2 5.12.2.2 "backdoor closed"

on PPW2 latest Firmware 5.12.2.2

seems like my device is patched by amazon - no jailbreak for me than
mmmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:52 AM   #135
stevenwww
ヽ(́◕◞౪◟◕‵)ノ ( σ՞ਊ ՞)σ
stevenwww began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3 (2015), pw4 (2018)
When I tap on Exit in the demo menu.
It shows an error msg to me.
Click image for larger version

Name:	jwhqrS7.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	193498

Here are info of my device.
Click image for larger version

Name:	SWao2b1.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	193499

Have I done anything wrong?

Last edited by issybird; 04-28-2022 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Oversize images attached as thumbnail. Please read the guidelines for limits on image size.
stevenwww is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak