View Single Post
Old 03-03-2024, 05:15 PM   #1488
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinanay View Post
the converted KFX file has more margins than I'd like
On my Kindle the margins of that book are the same size as those found in Amazon purchased books in KFX format. It is working as expected.

You can change the conversion settings when producing KFX to try and make the results more to your liking by decreasing the margins using extra CSS. The Extra CSS box can be found in the conversion dialog in Styling tab of the Look & feel section. I was able to minimize the margins by adding the following:

body {margin-left: -5% !important; margin-right: -5% !important;}

Quote:
the background of the whole page except the margins is very slightly gray - the margins are "transparent" as expected. This also results in all the pixels except the margins to refresh on each page turn.
Looking at the EPUB file I see that the coding of that book is unusual in that the bulk of the text is set to be a dark gray (#1a1a1a) and the background color is set to a very light gray (#fdfdfd). This background is rendered a bit darker in KFX to make the background more visible.

You can eliminate the gray background by removing "background-color: #fdfdfd;" in sytlesheet1.css of the EPUB.

Quote:
This is the first time I'm using the plugin, is this a common rookie mistake or am I doing something wrong?
Looking that the internals of your EPUB, in my opinion the HTML/CSS coding is more appropriate for a web page than an e-book. That is going to lead to some odd behavior.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote