View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 01:24 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If I use Sigil in one of my VMs, I don't notice that happening which does suggest that it is video driver related.
VMs video drivers rarely have full opengl support. So it's likely that sigil is using the included mesa software implementation of opengl (opengl32sw.dll).

You could try forcing the use of software rendering on your non-vm machines by setting the QT_OPENGL environment variable to "software".

Another independent thing to try is under Sigil's General Settings preferences (Advanced tab), check the Disable GPU Acceleration in QtWebEngine option. I THINK WebEngine is used to display images in the resource tabs.

Does it happen with all image types, or does it tend to be certain ones?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-05-2024 at 02:37 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote