View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 02:00 PM   #11
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyJ View Post
When I open my browser and put in "http://localhost:8083", I should get the UI login for calibre-web. Instead I get: "Unable to connect. Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.12.165:8083."
OK, I don't use Calibre-web, but I've set up loads of web servers.

Quote:
When I open my browser and put in "http://localhost:8083"
Presumably a browser on the Pi?
If you are not sure what port calibre web is using I think you can
export CALIBRE_PORT=8083
and that forces it (or any port not used). Some people seem to use 7878.

Which Pi OS?
I just got a Pi4b a few days ago and didn't like the official Pi OS, so downloaded Ubuntu Mate. I'd abandoned Ubuntu years ago for Mint + Mate on laptops & desktops, so spent 1/2 a day Mintifying it a bit.
I have a 128 G SD card after test on a 32G. I used Disks on desktop Mint to dump image of SD card and wrote it to the 128G card.

The alloy case and 3.5A 3rd party PSU came today. Less scary than bare PCB and power via my tablet PSU or Dell shoebox 7050 USB-C port!

So I might set up Calibre Web/Content server on it out of curiosity, though I have a "real" server in the attic (less real than 20 years ago, but probably "better") which has a web server. I have multiple hosted websites too.

So certainly:
1) Get access and operation working on the Pi with browser on the Pi. Make sure it either has an excluded static IP, or that your DHCP server is set to assign same IP always via Mac. Disable IP6 on the Pi. It should ideally be cabled ethernet, though WiFi is possible.

2) Verify access works on a different computer on the LAN.

3) Consider how to access remotely.

I didn't realise (1) was broken.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote