View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 04:45 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by feklee View Post
Yesterday, I received a Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition as a gift, model: M2L4EK

It’s a beautiful device with a big and easy to read screen, certainly a big upgrade from my Kindle Keyboard 3G. Only, it doesn’t support EPUB, which my Keyboard 3G does, by means of Duokan. So I just converted Marina Abramović’s Walk Through Walls to AZW3 using Calibre 6.13 on Windows 10 Pro. As input profile I tried Kindle and Default, and as output profile I select Kindle Oasis because - per description - this is intended also for the Paperwhite 2021.

Unfortunately, the images are vertically stretched. It looks like there are two types of images. Some are stretched to fill the entire page, some half the page, minus caption. This issue does not exist in the original EPUB, and I could read the book just fine using Duokan.

Is there an easy fix?

(I wish there was a jailbreak for the device with a decent EPUB and PDF reader, or a dual boot solution with Duokan like for the Keyboard 3G.)
You actually want Input profile to be Default profile and Output profile to be Tablet. That way the images are not changed at all. With your current settings, images are modified.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote