Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-17-2023, 10:44 AM   #391
Said124
Said124 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Hello,

I've been using Search the internet for years and it worked very well.
I used it for this site: https://www.babelio.com/recherche.php
I used to search for the title of a book or an author:
http://www.babelio.com/resrecherche.php?Recherche={title}
http://www.babelio.com/resrecherche.php?Recherche={author}+{title}&page=1 &item_search=books&tri=author
Unfortunately, the Babelio site has made some changes and Search th internet no longer works with Babelio. It no longer finds any results.

Do you have a clue or a solution?
Thank you for your help.
Said124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 07:56 AM   #392
Hunters
Hunters began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2009)
Hi,

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, when searching for a book with multiple authors it only looks for the first one. Think it has something to do with & in there.

Also if the title has a & it also only looks for anything before that.

Can anyone see if it happens to them also ?

Thanks in advance.
Hunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2023, 11:38 PM   #393
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters View Post
Hi,

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, when searching for a book with multiple authors it only looks for the first one. Think it has something to do with & in there.

Also if the title has a & it also only looks for anything before that.

Can anyone see if it happens to them also ?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah those are known about (or at least the multiple author one is), I just so rarely hit that scenario I haven't been bothered to do something about it . It is "supposed" to only use the first author in that circumstance but likely something has changed over the years with calibre (or perhaps it was always broken).

I will take a look...

EDIT: Ok I can see the problem. A davidfor change in 1.8.0 several years ago - where he changed it to support templates, unfortunately completely missing the point of all the sanitisation leading up to that line of code. So it is passing through the original book metadata, not the "safe to use in a URL query" version of the title and authors. Back to the drawing board a bit on that one.

Last edited by kiwidude; 10-26-2023 at 11:58 PM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 12:50 AM   #394
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Search the Internet v1.10.2 released

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...ternet-v1.10.2

I've tried a number of different links and they seem to be working for single or multiple authors, ampersands are being stripped from data now. There is quite possibly some edge case which doesn't work that you can let me know about on here but it looks to be behaving better than previous to me.
Old 10-27-2023, 04:21 AM   #395
Hunters
Hunters began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2009)
Hi,

Just tried a few books and all good. Will let you know if I find any edge case ones.
Hunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2023, 12:35 PM   #396
Said124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters View Post
Hi,

Just tried a few books and all good. Will let you know if I find any edge case ones.

hello kiwi
I don't know if you saw my message just before Hunter's, so I'll take the liberty of relaunching my pb.
Thanks for your reply (positive or negative).
Old 10-29-2023, 11:54 PM   #397
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Said124 View Post
hello kiwi
I don't know if you saw my message just before Hunter's, so I'll take the liberty of relaunching my pb.
Thanks for your reply (positive or negative).
Hi Said,

The problem you have with that website from a very quick look is it now requires an HTTP POST rather than a GET query. However in playing with this it has exposed a bit of a problem with my recent release that I'm going to have to look into, so that's good/bad news I suppose...

Last edited by kiwidude; 10-30-2023 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-30-2023, 07:03 AM   #398
kiwidude

Search the Internet v1.10.3 released

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...ternet-v1.10.3
Old 10-30-2023, 07:05 AM   #399
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Said124 View Post
Hello,

I've been using Search the internet for years and it worked very well.
I used it for this site: https://www.babelio.com/recherche.php
I used to search for the title of a book or an author:
http://www.babelio.com/resrecherche.php?Recherche={title}
http://www.babelio.com/resrecherche.php?Recherche={author}+{title}&page=1 &item_search=books&tri=author
Unfortunately, the Babelio site has made some changes and Search th internet no longer works with Babelio. It no longer finds any results.

Do you have a clue or a solution?
Thank you for your help.
Upgrade to the latest version I put up now.
Make sure you have the Method column on the far right set to POST if you have the shortcuts for them already.

Then these two urls will work for you for an author or a title search respectively:
https://www.babelio.com/recherche.php?Recherche={author}
https://www.babelio.com/recherche.php?Recherche={title}

EDIT: This requires v1.10.4 or later to work corretly, and also requires that you set the encoding column to latin-1

Last edited by kiwidude; 11-01-2023 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-30-2023, 11:16 AM   #400
Said124

Hi Kiwi,

I've tested it on about ten queries, I'm really grateful to you, it works!

Thanks for your speed and efficiency.
Have a nice week!
Old 11-01-2023, 09:25 AM   #401
Said124

Hello Kiwi,
It's me again

I'd tested 10 books and authors but hadn't paid attention to the fact that there were no accents or special characters. (Here in France, we use these characters everywhere).

When using the plugin with books and authors containing accents or special characters, the plugin malfunctions.

example, with this author and title: Nesbø, Jo - Éclipse totale

In this example, the Babelio site found the author but not the title.
In some cases, the author is not found either.

Thanks again for your help. Have a nice day !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Titre.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	204506   Click image for larger version

Name:	auteur.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	204507  
Old 11-01-2023, 09:17 PM   #402
kiwidude

Search the Internet v1.10.4 released

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...ternet-v1.10.4

Encodings are something I have never spent the time properly learning, and certainly not in Python. I did attempt to test with the rpevious version but the special character I chose to test with was apparently not special enough.

This version does now work with those extra funky titles and author characters. The trick however is that you must also set the encoding to 'latin-1' on those Babelio rows.
Old 11-02-2023, 06:27 AM   #403
Said124

Hello Kiwi,

you are very good and very responsive. I've redone my tests with different special characters in the title or author, it works perfectly (I already had the Latin-1 option activated).

Thanks once again (I hope it's the last time ;-)
Old 11-19-2023, 04:14 AM   #404
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
If FireFox isn't already open and doing a search via this plugin FireFox will only open in a kind of safemode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	firefox_Ru8PneWk5e.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	204803

This doesn't happen with the standard Calibre searches.

P.S.: FF is a portable version
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 11:50 AM   #405
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
If FireFox isn't already open and doing a search via this plugin FireFox will only open in a kind of safemode.

Attachment 204803

This doesn't happen with the standard Calibre searches.

P.S.: FF is a portable version
Could be something related to your default browser not being fully recognized by Windows... I have a portable Waterfox version as default, and the plugin searches open normally.

See the Kolbicz hacks here:

http://kolbi.cz/blog/2017/11/10/setd...16-build-1607/

https://kolbi.cz/blog/2019/01/27/reg...t-the-default/
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book details, search the internet