Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-25-2023, 10:03 AM   #376
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
After changing the options I get this

AttributeError: 'QAction' object has no attribute 'calibre_shortcut_unique_name'

Quote:
calibre, version 6.14.1
FEHLER: Unbehandelter Ausnahmefehler: <b>AttributeError</b>:'QAction' object has no attribute 'calibre_shortcut_unique_name'

calibre 6.14.1 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Action Chains (1, 18, 5) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && BOL_DE (0, 9, 2) && Count Pages (1, 12, 1) && DNB_DE (3, 2, 2) && EpubMerge (2, 15, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 7) && Goodreads (1, 7, 3) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 2) && Import List (1, 9, 0) && KOReader Sync (0, 4, 1) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 6) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 3) && Last Modified (0, 8, 4) && LibraryThing Match (0, 2, 1) && Manage Series (1, 5, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 1) && Quality Check (1, 13, 3) && Quick Preferences (1, 7, 0) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && Search The Internet (1, 10, 0) && TextDiff (1, 2, 1) && View Manager (1, 10, 2) && Walk Search History (1, 5, 3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 267, in show_configuration
File "calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 177, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.__init__" , line 68, in save_settings
File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 66, in rebuild_menus
File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.common_menus" , line 33, in unregister_menu_actions
AttributeError: 'QAction' object has no attribute 'calibre_shortcut_unique_name'
After reentering options the changes are still there, but not applied
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 02:40 AM   #377
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Wiggo - I can't replicate any issue with the Search the Internet configuration screen - I added a new URL entry, go to the menu and immediately see it, no errors?

Can you provide more detail? Is it one entry you have added that is causing an issue or ? PM me your "Search The Internet.json"" file, it is in the plugins subfolder of the calibre configuration directory (Preferences -> Miscellaneous)
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2023, 03:23 AM   #378
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hope I have not overlooked something important again.

I don't know why, but this time StI accepts the settings after a restart despite the error message - Calibre has not done this before.

The images below moving Amazon upwards are in the order before the restart.

Anyhow, I'll send you the json file
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_0OOLRGIV1w.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	535.5 KB
ID:	200729   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_1zPnUFEItp.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	542.7 KB
ID:	200730   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_mUvZS3kix9.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	200731   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_G4p39A7BBx.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	540.0 KB
ID:	200732   Click image for larger version

Name:	gHxAYO7PUn.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	200733  
Old 04-02-2023, 03:59 AM   #379
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Wiggo for the file - I'm seeing the issue now with your config file when I move it between a couple of ticked blank entries with your config. I haven't replicated it using my own config file but the fact I can see the error means I can fix it (eventually)...

UPDATE: Ok I see the issue now, it is when it tries to unregister a submenu from the menu (something I don't have in my personal config). Should be fixable...

Last edited by kiwidude; 04-02-2023 at 04:05 AM.
Old 04-02-2023, 04:05 AM   #380
Wiggo
Leftutti

You're welcome - but I have to thank you!
Advert
Old 04-02-2023, 04:16 AM   #381
kiwidude

Search The Internet v1.10.1 Released

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...ternet-v1.10.1

Thanks Wiggo for the report and config file to replicate this.
Old 04-03-2023, 04:31 PM   #382
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I accidentally deleted all the default searches. Can they be restored?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 05:02 PM   #383
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I accidentally deleted all the default searches. Can they be restored?
Yes - providing they were backed up, see penultimate section at ==>> https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...h-The-Internet

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 05:05 PM   #384
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I'd rather not crack open my archives -- I'll see if I can find the original json on the github

EDIT: I couldn't find it on the github, but deleting the json made it regenerate upon restart.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-03-2023 at 05:36 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 08:30 PM   #385
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I'd rather not crack open my archives -- I'll see if I can find the original json on the github

EDIT: I couldn't find it on the github, but deleting the json made it regenerate upon restart.
I've added a section to the documentation page on this - yes the plugin does recreate from scratch if the json file gets deleted.
Old 04-23-2023, 05:35 PM   #386
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
I can't get a search by author or by title to work on this page. (https://www.buscalibre.com.ar/)
To add to plugin menu
Could you give me any suggestion?
I have tried all possible combinations
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 04:27 AM   #387
MerryEl
MerryEl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (3rd gen)
Moments ago, I found this plugin thinking I would test it out for finding metadata for books that are missing from Goodreads. It's such a headache entering the information over, and over in the Google search engine. As someone who has worked with Calibre for years... The first book I tried, it worked wonders for me! I want to share a massive THANK YOU for this plug-in!
MerryEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 05:27 AM   #388
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryEl View Post
Moments ago, I found this plugin thinking I would test it out for finding metadata for books that are missing from Goodreads. It's such a headache entering the information over, and over in the Google search engine. As someone who has worked with Calibre for years... The first book I tried, it worked wonders for me! I want to share a massive THANK YOU for this plug-in!
Thats great to hear positive feedback MerryEL, thanks for posting it here
Old 08-09-2023, 05:29 AM   #389
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
I can't get a search by author or by title to work on this page. (https://www.buscalibre.com.ar/)
To add to plugin menu
Could you give me any suggestion?
I have tried all possible combinations
Hi Dunhill, this works for me:
Code:
https://www.buscalibre.com.ar/libros/search?q={title}+{author}
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 05:13 PM   #390
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Hi Dunhill, this works for me:
Code:
https://www.buscalibre.com.ar/libros/search?q={title}+{author}
it works for me too, thanks!!
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book details, search the internet