Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-21-2022, 07:45 PM   #361
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hi!

So, I have been using this plugin for ages, and have discovered that Amazon decided to point all their requests to their audible pages. I basically did a copy and paste of the URL at Amazon after doing a proper search on their site, and copied it to the plugin and changed the author name to {authors}, title, etc. It was fine for a time but I just decided to fix the url today so that it would stop pointing me to the audible versions of the books. In doing this I discovered that when I try and search a book with multiple authors whether by author or by title (authors+title), I only get the first author used in the search. When there are multiple authors and I am doing a title search the search box in Amazon ends up dropping the title. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Clarification: Multiple book authors end up with a search only using the first author, and no title.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:08 PM   #362
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Hi!

So, I have been using this plugin for ages, and have discovered that Amazon decided to point all their requests to their audible pages. I basically did a copy and paste of the URL at Amazon after doing a proper search on their site, and copied it to the plugin and changed the author name to {authors}, title, etc. It was fine for a time but I just decided to fix the url today so that it would stop pointing me to the audible versions of the books. In doing this I discovered that when I try and search a book with multiple authors whether by author or by title (authors+title), I only get the first author used in the search. When there are multiple authors and I am doing a title search the search box in Amazon ends up dropping the title. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Clarification: Multiple book authors end up with a search only using the first author, and no title.
What are the parameters used for the search? Without know what they are, I can't suggest anything.

But, this might have been broken a while ago when how the templates were handled was changed. Most of the "recent" discussion on the thread has been about this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2022, 08:41 PM   #363
grumbleskin
grumbleskin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle - Surface 3
So I am playing with this plugin and I am not understanding something. When I do a search from the homepage it sends me to a second page that lists the possible matches. When you click on them it takes you to the actual title.

I assume this is a POST command. https://www.rpg.net/megasearch.phtml
Is this what I need to start my search thread with in the plugin? Or is it the actual page of the actual title? https://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid=4042

I am sorry I am very noobish, but I am trying to learn how this works.
grumbleskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 08:51 PM   #364
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbleskin View Post
So I am playing with this plugin and I am not understanding something. When I do a search from the homepage it sends me to a second page that lists the possible matches. When you click on them it takes you to the actual title.

I assume this is a POST command. https://www.rpg.net/megasearch.phtml
Is this what I need to start my search thread with in the plugin? Or is it the actual page of the actual title? https://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid=4042

I am sorry I am very noobish, but I am trying to learn how this works.
You use whichever gives you the results you want. But, usually it would be the first one. The plugin is "Internet Search" and the usual idea is to open a URL with parameters build from the metadata of the book to search for the information needed. But, if you can work out the exact URL from the metadata, then that would work as well.

Having said that, if I am interpreting the URL correctly, I would do it in a different way. The link takes me to the page for a specific book. The site is using "4042" to identify that book. I would create this as an identifier. Then you can click in the identifiers section of the details pane for the book to open the URL. The identifier can be associated with a metadata source plugin (can search the site for the book and fetch the metadata) or an identifier rule. The latter is created in the preferences and defines the URL to be used for an identifier when there is no associated source plugin.

The identifier rules are created in the calibre preferences, on the "Look & Feel" page under "Book Details". For this site, I would create an identifier rule something like:

Code:
Key: rpg
Name: rpg.net
Template: https://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid={id}
Then you add an identifier "rpg:4042" in to the identifier field of the book. Afterwards, the details pane for a book will show "rpg.net" as a clickable link. And to add the identifier, you can copy the URL for the page into the clipboard and click the identifier paste button.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:18 AM   #365
Tharos
Connoisseur
Tharos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Moon+ Reader pro
Since updating Calibre to version 6, the extension no longer works for me. The error message is "Attribute Error:type object 'QT' has no attribute 'item Flags'".

The error message in detail:

Code:
calibre 6.0  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19044 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19044')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19044', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages (1, 11, 2) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 6, 1) && EpubMerge (2, 13, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 3, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 14, 1) && Favourites Menu (1, 1, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 5) && Generate Cover (2, 1, 0) && Goodreads (1, 5, 3) && Import List (1, 8, 3) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 63, 0) && KFX Output (1, 63, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 283, in show_configuration
  File "calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 166, in do_user_config
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.__init__", line 62, in config_widget
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.config", line 842, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.config", line 502, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.config", line 525, in populate_table
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.config", line 540, in populate_table_row
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.common_utils", line 265, in __init__
AttributeError: type object 'Qt' has no attribute 'ItemFlags'
Tharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2022, 11:25 AM   #366
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What feature of the plugin were you using when it failed?
(I mostly use it for better covers, and that works in English UI)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:30 PM   #367
Tharos
Connoisseur
Tharos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Moon+ Reader pro
I wanted to customize the extension to add more search options.

The search, or the transfer to a browser, still seems to work.
Tharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 02:02 PM   #368
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharos View Post
I wanted to customize the extension to add more search options.

The search, or the transfer to a browser, still seems to work.
Ah! Customize does not work.
That was what was needed for the dev to quickly find what was failing
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 02:35 PM   #369
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I think this beta solves the configuration problem, and it shows the help file (it was missing from python 3)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Search The Internet-Beta.zip (86.2 KB, 145 views)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 01:15 PM   #370
killo3967
killo3967 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Problem resolve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I think this beta solves the configuration problem, and it shows the help file (it was missing from python 3)
I update the plugin and the problem gone.

Thankyou very much.

Last edited by killo3967; 08-14-2022 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Error typping
killo3967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 01:55 PM   #371
killo3967
killo3967 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by enriquep View Post
Hello everyone.

I am tyrying to add Lecturalia as a source to the plugin (www.lecturalia.com, an acceptable reference site for Spanish language books). Lecturalia's search URL is
Code:
http://www.lecturalia.com/libros/s/book-title-in-lowercase
After several attempts from my side (including browsing the messages in this thread, trying to understand the basics of the "calibre template language" as explained in its help webpage, experimenting with this and that code...) I haven't been able to solve my problem, and I confess that I am still 99% lost with tokens, functions, etc. However, it seems to me that it must be VERY simple (¿?), so sorry for asking and thank you for your time.

I've managed to replace the +'s that the plugin puts in the title spaces by -'s, as required by this particular website:
Code:
http://www.lecturalia.com/libros/s/{title:re(\+,-)}
BUT i still need to make another change: the "book-title" chain has to be in lowercase. I am aware that there is a lowercase() function, and I've tried combining it with the re(\+,-)... unsuccessfully for now.

Any hints will be very appreciated.

Best from sunny Madrid,
-Enrique
Hi enrique.

I'm not in phyton, and anyone reading this is likely to cut their wrists, but this work for me.

Code:
http://www.lecturalia.com/libros/s/{title:'lowercase(re(re(re(re(re(re($,"ú","u" ),"ó","o" ),"í","i" ),"é","e" ),"á","a" )," ","-" ))'}
killo3967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 10:54 PM   #372
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by killo3967 View Post
Hi enrique.

I'm not in phyton, and anyone reading this is likely to cut their wrists, but this work for me.

Code:
http://www.lecturalia.com/libros/s/{title:'lowercase(re(re(re(re(re(re($,"ú","u" ),"ó","o" ),"í","i" ),"é","e" ),"á","a" )," ","-" ))'}
My eyes are burning just looking at that. But, I understand completely why you did it. Luckily, the "transliterate" function appears to solve the problem:

Code:
http://www.lecturalia.com/libros/s/{title:'lowercase(re(transliterate($)," ","-"))'}
I don't have many title with accented characters in them, so I don't know if it covers everything.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:31 AM   #373
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Will this plugin be officially updated? The beta here seems to be working correctly
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=369
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 05:07 AM   #374
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Will this plugin be officially updated? The beta here seems to be working correctly
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=369
It will be, I’m going to be releasing updates for all of my plugins soon. Just giving the translators a chance to get as many translations in as possible first. I didn’t notice this plugin didn’t have an official non-broken version, thanks for the reminder.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 02:37 PM   #375
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Search The Internet v1.10.0 Released

Release Notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...ternet-v1.10.0
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book details, search the internet