Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-21-2023, 01:26 PM   #406
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
I don't think that's the problem, Comfy, because it works everywhere else - especially with standard Calibre.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SxQOdCmkd8.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	204843

Last edited by Wiggo; 11-21-2023 at 01:35 PM.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 09:44 AM   #407
alemen
alemen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hello everyone,

"Search the Internet" is such a cool pluggin.

I use it for searching books throught differents website espacially french public library one.

My data basis has the dates of birth and death of my authors beetween brackets, the format is the following one : "SARTRE, Jean-Paul (1905-1980)".

This formating is pretty new and I wanted to know if there is mean to ignore those dates between brackets when I use the {author} or {author_sort} token of calibre ?

I hope I'm clear enough about my case
Do someone has a guess of how to do it ?

Thx for your kind help.
alemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 09:03 AM   #408
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by alemen View Post
My data basis has the dates of birth and death of my authors beetween brackets, the format is the following one : "SARTRE, Jean-Paul (1905-1980)".

This formating is pretty new and I wanted to know if there is mean to ignore those dates between brackets when I use the {author} or {author_sort} token of calibre ?

I hope I'm clear enough about my case
Do someone has a guess of how to do it ?
The plugin should support the templating language so in theory if you could wrap your head around the syntax for it you could put in some formula instead of the simple {author} tag.
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html

I personally have never attempted to get my head around it's capabilities or syntax but others in the forums would be able to help. Or perhaps chaley will spot this post and respond and say whether it is possible or not and if so then how...
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 11:57 PM   #409
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Search the Internet v1.10.5

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...ternet-v1.10.5
Old 03-22-2024, 05:59 AM   #410
kiwidude

Search the Internet v1.11.0

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...ternet-v1.11.0

Thanks to jandanielosc for raising the issue. This plugin should now better handle using custom columns or evaluated expressions in your urls - such as {title:transliterate()}
Old 03-22-2024, 02:29 PM   #411
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
If FireFox isn't already open and doing a search via this plugin FireFox will only open in a kind of safemode.

Attachment 204803

This doesn't happen with the standard Calibre searches.

P.S.: FF is a portable version
Now it's getting really weird.

Just found out by accident that this only happens when I open the search with a shortcut, with the context menu everything is normal.
Old 03-23-2024, 01:58 AM   #412
kiwidude

Wiggo - you don't say what OS you are running. However regardless it is not something I believe I can do anything about - this plugin code just calls the core calibre code with the open_url() function just like all the other places in calibre do. e.g. just click on the bottom left of calibre on the "calibre x.y created by ..." button. That will launch the web browser in exactly the same way.

So if you are having an issue with that you will have to raise that elsewhere...
Old 03-23-2024, 02:47 AM   #413
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Now it's getting really weird.

Just found out by accident that this only happens when I open the search with a shortcut, with the context menu everything is normal.
Longshot: do you have anything in this tweak for http* :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-23 174317.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	277.0 KB
ID:	207084

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:41 AM   #414
Wiggo
Leftutti

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Wiggo - you don't say what OS you are running. However regardless it is not something I believe I can do anything about - this plugin code just calls the core calibre code with the open_url() function just like all the other places in calibre do. e.g. just click on the bottom left of calibre on the "calibre x.y created by ..." button. That will launch the web browser in exactly the same way.

So if you are having an issue with that you will have to raise that elsewhere...
Windows 10

Search strings where the shortcuts work with FireFox closed

Code:
https://www.reihenfolge.de/search?q={authors}
https://www.google.com/search?q={authors:re(( & |\s+),+)}+%22{title}%22
Search strings where the shortcuts don't work with FireFox closed

Code:
https://portal.dnb.de/opac.htm?query={isbn}&method=simpleSearch
https://portal.dnb.de/opac.htm?query={author}+{title}&method=simpleSearch
https://www.amazon.de/s/?tag=amazon-de06-21&link_code=wsw&_encoding=UTF-8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords={author}+{title}
All with utf-8 and GET

Maybe someone can have a look

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Attachment 207084

BR
Thx, but no, I haven't.

Last edited by Wiggo; 03-23-2024 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:55 AM   #415
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@wiggo: I suspect it will save time if you run in debug mode, try the URLs that fail, then copy & post the URLs that Search the Internet built.

It would also be interesting to try it with a different browser to see if the problem is firefox.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 10:03 AM   #416
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:

Search strings where the shortcuts don't work with FireFox closed

Code:
https://portal.dnb.de/opac.htm?query={isbn}&method=simpleSearch
https://portal.dnb.de/opac.htm?query={author}+{title}&method=simpleSearch
https://www.amazon.de/s/?tag=amazon-de06-21&link_code=wsw&_encoding=UTF-8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords={author}+{title}
All with utf-8 and GET
All of those worked fine on my system with Waterfox Classic Portable set as default browser, while closed. Just for testing some random hypothesis, I've set temporarily Calibre GUI language to German, all went fine as well.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 10:53 AM   #417
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Attachment 207084

BR
Thanks for the syntax in that screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post

It would also be interesting to try it with a different browser ...
I've tested the tweak BR suggested with FF120 Portable, all went fine too:

openers_by_scheme = {'http*': 'C:/Users/user2/FirefoxPortable120/firefoxportable.exe %u'}
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:52 AM   #418
Wiggo
Leftutti

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
@wiggo: I suspect it will save time if you run in debug mode, try the URLs that fail, then copy & post the URLs that Search the Internet built.

It would also be interesting to try it with a different browser to see if the problem is firefox.
Different browser works, new and fresh FireFox profile too.

I have to admit that I'm running this portable profile including some css-hacks since...I don't know...2006?

The debug log says nothing

Spoiler:
Code:
ApplicationPaletteChange event ignored
Using calibre Qt style: True
ApplicationPaletteChange event received
calibre_plugins.librarything_match.fuzzywuzzy.fuzz:11: UserWarning: Using slow pure-python SequenceMatcher. Install python-Levenshtein to remove this warning
EpubMerge: DEBUG: 2024-03-23 15:45:05,163: calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin(156): macmenuhack file_path:C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
DEBUG: calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin - macmenuhack file_path:C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
calibre Fehlerdiagnoseprotokoll
calibre 7.7  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: de
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre-debug.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && Action Chains (1, 19, 4) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Count Pages (1, 13, 5) && DNB_DE (3, 2, 4) && EpubMerge (2, 17, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 1) && Extract People Other Metadata (1, 0, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 5) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 1) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 9) && GR Author Notes (1, 1, 0) && Goodreads (1, 8, 0) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 5) && Import List (1, 9, 2) && Job Spy (1, 0, 239) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && From KFX (2, 9, 0) && KFX Input (2, 9, 0) && KOReader Sync (0, 5, 2) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 1) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 13) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 7) && Last Modified (0, 8, 5) && LibraryThing Match (0, 2, 2) && Manage Series (1, 5, 2) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 3) && Quality Check (1, 13, 10) && Quick Preferences (1, 7, 1) && Reading Goal (1, 2, 9) && Reading List (1, 15, 2) && ScrambleEbook (0, 6, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 11, 0) && TextDiff (1, 2, 4) && View Manager (1, 10, 3) && Walk Search History (1, 5, 4)
calibre 7.7  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: de
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre-debug.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && Action Chains (1, 19, 4) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Count Pages (1, 13, 5) && DNB_DE (3, 2, 4) && EpubMerge (2, 17, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 1) && Extract People Other Metadata (1, 0, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 5) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 1) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 9) && GR Author Notes (1, 1, 0) && Goodreads (1, 8, 0) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 5) && Import List (1, 9, 2) && Job Spy (1, 0, 239) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && From KFX (2, 9, 0) && KFX Input (2, 9, 0) && KOReader Sync (0, 5, 2) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 1) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 13) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 7) && Last Modified (0, 8, 5) && LibraryThing Match (0, 2, 2) && Manage Series (1, 5, 2) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 3) && Quality Check (1, 13, 10) && Quick Preferences (1, 7, 1) && Reading Goal (1, 2, 9) && Reading List (1, 15, 2) && ScrambleEbook (0, 6, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 11, 0) && TextDiff (1, 2, 4) && View Manager (1, 10, 3) && Walk Search History (1, 5, 4)
QPA platform: windows
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 60.959999999999994 x 60.959999999999994
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.00] Showing splash screen...
[0.44] splash screen shown
[0.44] Initializing db...
[2.02] db initialized
[2.02] Constructing main UI...
DEBUG:    0.0 Annotations plugin: Error loading libiMobileDevice. This hasn't worked for a while, and is blacklisted in calibre v3.
DEBUG:    0.0 Annotations plugin: Error is:  No module named 'calibre.devices.idevice'
DEBUG:    0.0 Annotations::reader_app_support.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 Annotations::common_utils.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 Annotations::appearance.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 Annotations::config.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 Annotations::annotated_books.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 Annotations::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 Kobo Utilities Configuration - CreateNewCustomColumn is supported
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
qt.webengine.QWebEngineView OK
DEBUG:    2.4 koreader:action:KoreaderAction:genesis:start
Textdiff: self.menu:
[14.27] GUI main window shown
Extract People & Other Metadata (EPOM) has initialized...
Job Spy has begun initialization...
Calibre, and hence Job Spy, was gracefully shut down last time?  True
Last time daemon started:  never
Last time daemon failed:  never
Total daemon starts inception_to_date:  0
Total daemon failures inception-to-date:  0
JS: ===>>> change_gui_alternating_row_colors()
Job Spy has finished initialization...
DEBUG:   10.8 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
DEBUG:   10.8 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=None, self.supports_tiles=None
DEBUG:   10.8 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG:   10.8 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Driver: KoboTouchExtended'
[15.48] main UI initialized...
[15.48] Hiding splash screen

That's the amazon URL StI built
Code:
https://www.amazon.de/s?k=Gabriel+Zuchtriegel+Vom+Zauber+des+Untergangs%3A+Was+Pompeji+%C3%BCber+uns+erz%C3%A4hlt&_encoding=UTF-8&link_code=wsw&tag=amazon-de06-21
I just find it totally strange that certain shortcuts don't work, but the corresponding context menu does.
However. As I don't have the nerve to do a step-by-step analysis at the moment, I'll just have to live with it.

Many thanks to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Thanks for the syntax in that screenshot

I've tested the tweak BR suggested with FF120 Portable, all went fine too:

openers_by_scheme = {'http*': 'C:/Users/user2/FirefoxPortable120/firefoxportable.exe %u'}
Thank you Comfy.n
Old 03-26-2024, 07:10 PM   #419
unicornula
unicornula began at the beginning.

Device: none
I had to revert to an older version -- the new one strips out periods. I do a lot of searches for DOIs (from the IDs), and instead of searching for, say, 10.1038/nrg1711, it would search for 101038/nrg1711 and not find anything.

It looked like quotation marks were taken out too (I actually search for "10.1038/nrg1711"), but I reverted before I could check.
unicornula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 03:35 AM   #420
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicornula View Post
I had to revert to an older version -- the new one strips out periods. I do a lot of searches for DOIs (from the IDs), and instead of searching for, say, 10.1038/nrg1711, it would search for 101038/nrg1711 and not find anything.

It looked like quotation marks were taken out too (I actually search for "10.1038/nrg1711"), but I reverted before I could check.
The substitution of periods has been in for a few versions now. I am ok with taking that back out - and forcing users to do for instance: {author:re(\., )}

However the / in 10.1038/nrg1711 is absolutely going to get url encoded and not passed through as is, becoming: 10.1038%2Fnrg1711

Can you give me of an example website search url expression you are using with the DOI value above?

Tags
book details, search the internet