Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-01-2023, 04:21 AM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
OLED can have a near invisible pixel gap at the size for a headset and suits very small screens better than eInk or LCD.

Blurriness off-centre is related to compromises of deep lens size and more weight vs skinny and light. A curved screen helps, which is easy for plastic substrate OLED or eink and expensive for LCD as it's always two layers of glass with very accurate gap with the liquid inside.

Last edited by Quoth; 02-01-2023 at 04:23 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:36 AM   #17
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
It definitely has bugs that might need for working out, but I think that is far outweighed by the possibilities for accessibility!

Imagine being paralyzed or severely physically limited. This is a lovely alternative to the "projected on a wall or screen" option. If you are in a hospital, it can be used without bothering other patients. I'm sure someone can adapt the page-turning by thumb for folks with physical disabilities.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 04:14 PM   #18
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Air3 & Palma, Scribe & Paperwhite, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
I'd be leery after having used an Oculus for a while and giving it up. If you need glasses or contacts you'd still need them on stuff like this.

And while I could work with the Oculus, for the most part, eye strain was too much a problem. Hubby got one about a year after I gave up on mine, and eventually gave it up as well. Same problems. Eye strain and dry eye.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote