Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-30-2023, 01:39 PM   #1
parkaymang
parkaymang began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Page
Flash Note Air 2 Plus firmware on other Boox models

Obv this could lead to a brick. But I have seen cases where for instance Samsung s21 firmware is adapted to be flashed onto a Samsung A71 etc. I also saw that post where someone flashed c67 firmware onto a Storytel.

It would be nice to have a fully featured Notes app (that uses TouchHelper API) on the other recent boox models like the Poke5 or Page. Maybe flashing the firmware is that way. Of course if we could just pull the Notes app over and install, that would be preferable and easier.

Anyone have thoughts on the viability of this? Or how to get it to work?
parkaymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 08:22 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I think it would probably be easier to bring the app over and make whatever adjustments are necessary better than try to flash the other software.

Just compare the DTBs, I'm sure they are quite different, they are different devices.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 11:53 AM   #3
parkaymang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I think it would probably be easier to bring the app over and make whatever adjustments are necessary better than try to flash the other software.

Just compare the DTBs, I'm sure they are quite different, they are different devices.
I tried installing an Onyx Notes apk i found that was pulled from the Max 3 and it installed but didn't open. Do you have any ideas on how to make it work? Maybe there are some other frameworks missing?
Old 12-01-2023, 12:46 PM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not even sure what Onyx Notes is.
I don't really use any Onyx apps.
I use my own Notepad app.

Look at a logcat when you try to run it.
It will show some error.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:01 PM   #5
parkaymang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I'm not even sure what Onyx Notes is.
I don't really use any Onyx apps.
I use my own Notepad app.

Look at a logcat when you try to run it.
It will show some error.
You mean the output of pm install? or something else?
Old 12-02-2023, 01:00 PM   #6
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkaymang View Post
You mean the output of pm install? or something else?
Wherever you get the error, by installing or running.