Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
richard childers
richard childers began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Just published my novels on Kindle

I have recently published for the Kindle two historical novels. The first, Kings of California, focuses on the wildly adventurous life of John Sutter and his establishment of the first colony in Northern California. I spent two years researching the history and it encompasses many of the formative events in California History including the Bear Flag Revolt, the Mexican War, the Gold Rush, and the tragedy of the Donner Party.
The second book, Blood May Be Thicker, set in the mountains of Northern New Mexico, describes three generations of one family and their lives in the area around Santa Fe. Once again, the history is thoroughly researched and the story is compelling.
Both books are available for a limited time for $1. I hope you will give them a try and let me know how you like them.
Richard Childers
richard childers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Richard!

Your books sound very interesting. My husband is a huge history buff and loves to read stories set in the old west. Are your books available anywhere else in other formats? While you are here at MR, be sure and check out the Writers' Corner. We're adding more and more authors to our membership everyday. Enjoy.

Happy Reading (and Writing )!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard childers View Post
I have recently published for the Kindle two historical novels. The first, Kings of California, focuses on the wildly adventurous life of John Sutter and his establishment of the first colony in Northern California. I spent two years researching the history and it encompasses many of the formative events in California History including the Bear Flag Revolt, the Mexican War, the Gold Rush, and the tragedy of the Donner Party.
The second book, Blood May Be Thicker, set in the mountains of Northern New Mexico, describes three generations of one family and their lives in the area around Santa Fe. Once again, the history is thoroughly researched and the story is compelling.
Both books are available for a limited time for $1. I hope you will give them a try and let me know how you like them.
Richard Childers
You should consider also selling on www.smashwords.com. You get to keep a lot more of the money and the novels will be available to people who don't own a Kindle.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Richard and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Hi Richard, welcome to MR!
As Nate said, Smashword is something worth discovering for you!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert