Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #16
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Followup to Benham:

Just checked Amazon. Their description of the Pocket eDGe is okay, but it has a few errors. For one thing, the tablet side rotates 90 degrees (for landscape view) but the e-ink side doesn't. I believe the newest eDGe software does allow the e-ink side to rotate, but I haven't upgraded yet (it's a beta -- seems to be stable, but I am slow ).

Amazon also says you can connect to the web anywhere, any time. Well, sure -- if you have a USB 3G solution that works (questionable), or some other kind of portable internet access point. And any time -- as long as you have enough battery power left (it runs for a reasonable time and charges quickly, but you can't go wilderness camping for the weekend and expect to use it the whole time. In other words, it is not like an ereader in terms of battery usage. My Sony can go a week without a charge! )

I think I've overstayed my welcome in this thread . . . .

If you want to know more I'll see you in the enTourage eDGe forum.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #17
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Wow, that is a lot, and appreciated! I'll see if I can find the forum.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #18
hughes
Addict
hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Galaxy Nexus, iPad 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
Wow, that is a lot, and appreciated! I'll see if I can find the forum.
EnTourage eDGe forum
hughes is offline   Reply With Quote