Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-06-2023, 06:31 PM   #136
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Double points Nov 7 - Amazon US

Earn 2x Kindle Points on Kindle books when you purchase between 12AM and 11:59PM PST on November 7.
ngrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 11:35 AM   #137
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I agree that 25.00 in a short period is too rich for my blood usually. I didn't attempt to make it, wasn't seeing many good sales over that period and even if so, wouldn't have made to 25.00 usually.
+1

I hope that maybe they are trying to "calibrate" the offer, and if enough people don't buy in (pun intended), maybe they'll go back to something a little more modest. I've been out for the last two? three? because they were just too much in too short of a time, even though I normally buy a lot of books. And even though if I get close organically, I'll try to find one more book to push me over, but I haven't even been close on the last few.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2023, 11:58 AM   #138
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
+1

I hope that maybe they are trying to "calibrate" the offer, and if enough people don't buy in (pun intended), maybe they'll go back to something a little more modest. I've been out for the last two? three? because they were just too much in too short of a time, even though I normally buy a lot of books. And even though if I get close organically, I'll try to find one more book to push me over, but I haven't even been close on the last few.
I'm out, now. I had $3 credit in hand and a book on my wishlist dropped from $9.49 to $5.49. Done. And since my MO was to roll over the credit on the $10 and $15 promotions, that's it. The program will have to last a long, long time before the piddling number of points you get for a regular purchase reaches the $3 level for me again and my points will most likely start expiring before that happens.

All else being equal, I'd rather buy from Kobo although I have no objection to buying Kindle books. And I vastly prefer Kobo's straight-up recurring gc promotion. I know it's a big outlay, but the credit's not going anywhere unlike the ticking clock on the Kindle credits. Also, you double up on the Rakuten kickback on a gc and then a book purchase, which more than offsets Amazon's regular points anyway.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 01:22 PM   #139
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon US Double Kindle points Nov 25-27

Earn 2x Kindle Points on Kindle books purchased between November 25 - 27
Old 12-07-2023, 05:19 PM   #140
ngrant
Gadget Lover

Amazon US Double Kindle points Dec 8

Earn 2x Kindle Points on Kindle books purchased on December 8.
Advert
Old 12-13-2023, 11:40 PM   #141
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Man, cash 'em in. Every time I hit 300 I take the money and run.
me, too!
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:47 PM   #142
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Earn 3x Kindle Points This Friday and Saturday

Just received an email about this offer:

Earn 3x Kindle Points on Kindle books purchased between 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM PST on December 29-30, 2023.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 04:30 PM   #143
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I thought it was just points that had been “converted” into a reward that expired in a month. Otherwise, you can let points ride for up to six months before they expire.

OK, I just checked and this is accurate. So you’re much better off not claiming a reward until you’re ready to spend.
So, Amazon lets you use its Kindle Reward Points TOWARD a payment? That is a big plus, for sure. I wish Kobo did the same. One of the books on my wishlist would be a lot more affordable if I could use the 9500 points I have as part payment, since getting to the 21600 needed to buy it with points is unlikely,
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 08:09 PM   #144
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
So, Amazon lets you use its Kindle Reward Points TOWARD a payment? ,
Yes. You redeem your points in $3 increments and once redeemed, they're automatically applied to your next purchase. The downside is that they expire. I note that some of my Kindle reward points are expiring January 1 and since I'm far from my next $3 reward, poof! they'll go.

I suspect I'm not the only one with exploding points on January 1, hence the offer for triple points the next two days.
Old 12-28-2023, 08:22 PM   #145
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yes. You redeem your points in $3 increments and once redeemed, they're automatically applied to your next purchase. The downside is that they expire. I note that some of my Kindle reward points are expiring January 1 and since I'm far from my next $3 reward, poof! they'll go.

I suspect I'm not the only one with exploding points on January 1, hence the offer for triple points the next two days.
Thanks for that. As I only buy from Kindle when it is the only option available, I have not yet accumulated $3 worth of ponits, and probably never will
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 08:25 PM   #146
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Microsoft nerfed their points system, so I've stopped participating in them. Which means I no longer get the occasional $5 Amazon gift card. Since then I've also stopped paying attention to the Amazon points. Talk about knock on effects.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 08:41 PM   #147
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Amazon also nerfed their rewards points and for me it was the difference between sufficient incentive to justify fairly frequent purchases and walking away.
Old 12-29-2023, 09:48 AM   #148
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I still buy enough Kindle to make it a nice, if rare, little bonus, but it's not determinative in my choice between Kindle and Kobo anymore.

So I find myself leaning towards Kobo more and more again, after having largely left them when their coupon codes became chintzier in the percentage and more scarce. But now I'm drifting back, especially since the last time my gift card credit (purchased with one of their buy XX get YY deals) started to run low - poof! - they had another gift card offer. So now I'm stocked up on credit again. And I find it nice to have the discount "baked in", and not have to worry about points or credits expiring. And, while I'm kvetching, I also HATE the way Kindle messes up showing you the price when you have active credits.

But there are still enough books here and there that will be on sale at Kindle, but not at Kobo, to keep me getting a very occasional credit. Which I have no trouble then spending ! And I also buy some for my husband, who mostly reads magazines, so doesn't care as much about the price of an occasional book, but just wants it fairly soon after he wants it. So I can try to match those up with a 2x or 3x day, which helps out - like today ...

But the Kindle Rewards thing definitely doesn't make up my mind for me the way it used to....
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 12:01 PM   #149
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
So, Amazon lets you use its Kindle Reward Points TOWARD a payment? That is a big plus, for sure. I wish Kobo did the same. One of the books on my wishlist would be a lot more affordable if I could use the 9500 points I have as part payment, since getting to the 21600 needed to buy it with points is unlikely,
Yes, you can use it towards a payment on MOST books. Some books won't accept it. I think I went to use it on a Stephen King book and it refused to knock $3 off so I bought something else. It also wouldn't let me use shipping credits.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 02:14 PM   #150
ngrant
Gadget Lover

Amazon US 2x Kindle Points this Friday Jan 5th

Earn 2x Kindle Points on Kindle books purchased between 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM PST on January 5, 2024.