Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-25-2024, 09:43 PM   #391
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Yes. Why wouldn't it?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 11:03 PM   #392
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
Does this plugin work with Calibre 7.x?
It does. Did you try it before posting?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2024, 02:12 AM   #393
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It does. Did you try it before posting?
Because I have to upgrade my Mac OS to use Calibre 7, I wanted to make *sure* I wouldn’t lose the ability to use this amazing plugin before I did so. I was going to wait to upgrade otherwise.
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 10:23 AM   #394
JoshMBR82
JoshMBR82 began at the beginning.

Device: POCKET BOOK LITE
Hello everyone. The first thing I would like to say is that this plugin is excellent and thanks to it, from Linux Mint, I am able to convert ACSM files to EPUB very simply. Until now, I had no problems, but since yesterday I cannot return the books. When I choose "show loaned books" to return them, I get this error: "TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'". I have tried uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling it, and while it works fine when converting from ACSM to EPUB, the problem with returning the books remains the same. This action is very important because I have reached the limit of loans from my digital library and I need to return them. Has anyone experienced this same error and knows how to fix it? Greetings and thank you.
JoshMBR82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 04:26 AM   #395
Patricia1066
Zealot
Patricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle PW 10th gen, Kindle Fire 7 9th gen, Kindle KB 3rd gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMBR82 View Post
Hello everyone. The first thing I would like to say is that this plugin is excellent and thanks to it, from Linux Mint, I am able to convert ACSM files to EPUB very simply. Until now, I had no problems, but since yesterday I cannot return the books. When I choose "show loaned books" to return them, I get this error: "TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'". I have tried uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling it, and while it works fine when converting from ACSM to EPUB, the problem with returning the books remains the same. This action is very important because I have reached the limit of loans from my digital library and I need to return them. Has anyone experienced this same error and knows how to fix it? Greetings and thank you.
Do you manage your library loan with Libby? I can manage taking and returning loans with Libby which does not depend on calibre.
Patricia1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2024, 08:04 AM   #396
JoshMBR82

I have tried to uninstall Calibre and the plugin. However, when I reinstall Calibre and install the plugin again, it appears as AUTHORIZED with the anonymous ID that was giving me an error when trying to return the books. I would like to deauthorize the device and authorize it again. Regarding your question about Libby, I am from Spain and I return all the ebooks from my digital libraries without any problem... the issue arises when I try to return those from a specific library, I get this error and cannot return them neither from Calibre nor from its website.
Old 02-24-2024, 11:13 AM   #397
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I have tried to uninstall Calibre and the plugin. However, when I reinstall Calibre and install the plugin again, it appears as AUTHORIZED with the anonymous ID that was giving me an error when trying to return the books. I would like to deauthorize the device and authorize it again. Regarding your question about Libby, I am from Spain and I return all the ebooks from my digital libraries without any problem... the issue arises when I try to return those from a specific library, I get this error and cannot return them neither from Calibre nor from its website.
When you uninstall Calibre (and many Plugins), the settings are NOT removed.
You need to open the configuration folder :Plugins, and find the settings (will have the same name as the plugin( file type is usually JSON)
Note if you see the <plugin name>.ZIP, you have not uninstalled it properly
Calibre MUST not be running when doing this kind of housekeeping
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 10:03 AM   #398
JoshMBR82

I have completely uninstalled the program. I have also deleted the installation folders and reinstalled it from scratch. I install Calibre, and then I have tried to install the plugin and authenticate with my Adobe account but it doesn't work. It doesn't remove the DRM... A few weeks ago, I had the installation with anonymous authorization and it worked perfectly until it started to not let me return the books from Calibre. I don't know what the problem is anymore. I keep trying because I was very happy with how it worked.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:10 PM   #399
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Do you have DeDRM installed? This plugin not remove the DRM itself, it simply fulfills the ACSM files.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 12:48 PM   #400
JoshMBR82

"In the clean installation, I already have both plugins, but I don't remember how to configure DeDRM. How do I import the keys from Adobe Digital Editions? I am on Linux Mint."
Old 02-25-2024, 01:56 PM   #401
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
"In the clean installation, I already have both plugins, but I don't remember how to configure DeDRM. How do I import the keys from Adobe Digital Editions? I am on Linux Mint."
Detailed help with DRM removal is not allowed at MobileRead. Ask at NoDRM's github repository
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 07:36 PM   #402
dmck
dmck began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,
I've previously used this plugin with Ubuntu. I'm giving Fedora 39 a try and get an error while installing. I've tried the 0.0.16 and 0.0.16-bugfix versions. It looks like a similar error with the Crypto library that was fixed previously for Fedora. Anybody using Fedora 39 with this plugin?

Error:
Code:
calibre, version 7.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/me/Downloads/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 23, in &lt;module&gt;
    from Cryptodome import Random
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/constants.py", line 214, in find_spec
    return ModuleSpec(fullname, DeVendorLoader(fullname.replace('dome', '', 1)))
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/constants.py", line 183, in __init__
    self.aliased_module = import_module(aliased_name)
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.12/importlib/__init__.py", line 90, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'Crypto'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 710, in initialize_plugin
    p.initialize()
  File "calibre_plugins.deacsm.__init__", line 226, in initialize
    from libadobe import createDeviceKeyFile, update_account_path, sendHTTPRequest
  File "/home/username/Downloads/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 29, in &lt;module&gt;
    from Crypto import Random
 failed with traceback:
  File "/home/username/Downloads/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 23, in &lt;module&gt;

File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 710, in initialize_plugin
    p.initialize()
  File "/home/username/Downloads/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 29, in &lt;module&gt;

calibre 7.3  embedded-python: False
Linux-6.7.6-200.fc39.x86_64-x86_64-with-glibc2.38 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '6.7.6-200.fc39.x86_64', '#1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Feb 23 18:27:29 UTC 2024')
Python 3.12.2
Interface language: None
  File "/home/username/Downloads/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 23, in <module>

p.initialize()
  File "/home/username/Downloads/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 29, in <module>

File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 324, in add_plugin
    plugin = add_plugin(path)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 520, in add_plugin
    plugin = initialize_plugin(plugin, path_to_zip_file, PluginInstallationType.EXTERNAL)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 715, in initialize_plugin
    raise InvalidPlugin((_('Initialization of plugin %s failed with traceback:')
calibre.customize.InvalidPlugin: Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/username/Downloads/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 23, in <module>

p.initialize()
  File "/home/username/Downloads/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 29, in <module>
 failed with traceback:

p.initialize()
dmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 01:09 PM   #403
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Is this Calibre from the Fedora repos or from the Calibre website? Calibre from the Linux distribution's repos often have issues with plugins.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 02:31 PM   #404
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leseratte_10 View Post
Is this Calibre from the Fedora repos or from the Calibre website? Calibre from the Linux distribution's repos often have issues with plugins.
Linux repos are usually full of garbage.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 03:40 PM   #405
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Linux repos are usually full of garbage.
Just when I thought you were starting to become civil.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote