Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-04-2024, 09:55 PM   #376
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Not working again on macOS (current release). I think I updated openssl as part of brew update, now I need to go back and figure out how to revert it again. (as post #368 suggests)

Any ETA on when the bug fix release will be released?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 06:02 PM   #377
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Not working again on macOS (current release). I think I updated openssl as part of brew update, now I need to go back and figure out how to revert it again. (as post #368 suggests)

Any ETA on when the bug fix release will be released?
Working again after

Code:
brew unlink openssl@3
and reinstall of release version of DeASCM (it was 'there' but not installed).

Last edited by tomsem; 01-05-2024 at 06:04 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2024, 04:59 PM   #378
Wrangler
Wrangler began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hello, good morning,

I am having some problems with converting acsm files to pdf or epub. I don't know why it converts the file to pdf but with a password.

It manages to do the conversion to pdf file but with password, what password I don't know.

I have installed DeACMS and DeDRM extensions.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 06:06 PM   #379
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Did you configure your Adobe ID in the ACSM plugin and the matching key in DeDRM? For DeDRM, check the Discussions section on the GitHub page.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 05:25 AM   #380
Wrangler

I think I have it configured correctly,

do you mean this configuration?

Advert
Old 01-12-2024, 08:48 AM   #381
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler View Post
I think I have it configured correctly,
Please note that detailed help with DRM removal isn't permitted at MobileRead. Please ask at noDRM's gitlab pages.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 09:57 AM   #382
Wrangler

I'm sorry, it won't let me edit the previous post, I don't know how to do it. But the problem is not with DRM, because what I do is download a book in acsm format from the adobe website (https://www.adobe.com/de/solutions/e...k-library.html) and what it does is convert it to a pdf file without renaming it and protected by a password, I don't know why.
Old 01-12-2024, 05:36 PM   #383
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm sorry, it won't let me edit the previous post, I don't know how to do it. But the problem is not with DRM, because what I do is download a book in acsm format from the adobe website (https://www.adobe.com/de/solutions/e...k-library.html) and what it does is convert it to a pdf file without renaming it and protected by a password, I don't know why.
It sounds like the book you bought is being sold as a PDF. Adobe .acsm files work for ePub and PDF files, depending on what the original.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 05:39 PM   #384
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Moved my part of discussion to PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 07:05 AM   #385
sgmoore
Connoisseur
sgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfolded

Quick way to return books to library

BorrowBox does not allow me to return books from their website, so the only way I can find to do this is to :

Click on Preferences
Click on Plugins
Search for deacsm
Click on Customize Plugin
Click on Show Loaned books
Highlight book
Click on Return book to library

Is there a quicker way?
sgmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 08:03 AM   #386
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
If you update to the beta version on Github you can add an icon to Calibre's menu bar that you can just click on and select "Show loaned books" to directly open the list.

I still didn't have time to make that update compatible with the Calibre updater from 0.0.16 to 0.1.0 so it's still not available here and through the updater unfortunately.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 11:33 AM   #387
sgmoore
Connoisseur
sgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leseratte_10 View Post
If you update to the beta version on Github you can add an icon to Calibre's menu bar that you can just click on and select "Show loaned books" to directly open the list.
That's brilliant - Thank you very much.
sgmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 11:41 AM   #388
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
An acsm file is not an ebook in any format. It is a small text file.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 06:42 AM   #389
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
@Wrangler What application are you using to open the PDF?

Most applications that doesn't support the ADE DRM will display a password dialog if the file is still DRMed.

Looks like my plugin worked just fine and turned the ACSM into a PDF with DRM. Then you can either open it with a compatible application / reader, or use other plugins to get rid of the DRM.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 08:55 PM   #390
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
Does this plugin work with Calibre 7.x?
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote