Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #121
ereader25
Enthusiast
ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.

Device: looking
And then work around the space restrictions using apps like FolderMount and Link2SD.

Also if you have trouble ordering from amazon try the banggood Chinese website. And if you are looking for a similar device with more internal space check out the Boyue T62.
ereader25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:30 PM   #122
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereader25 View Post
And then work around the space restrictions using apps like FolderMount and Link2SD.

Also if you have trouble ordering from amazon try the banggood Chinese website. And if you are looking for a similar device with more internal space check out the Boyue T62.
FolderMount and Link2SD,Do they really work?
In my opinion,Link2SD only allow you to transfer app from internal storage(496mb) to "SD"(about 2.9-3gb), not the extSD(the TF you insert)
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2015, 07:38 PM   #123
bagheera
bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: boyue t62d
rooting me softly

howdy,

first, thanks for your answers.

have got the device for three days or so. before then, as mentioned in my previous message, i was afraid about the app storage. but when i opened the package, with a huge excitement of course, and then started to use it, i discovered a bigger problem: the poor battery life (i know, which has not a news value for most of you guys).

so had not known how to root but i had to learn. read a lot, watched a lot. then rooted the device (by the way, towelroot is not working, proceed with root master if you're a rooter nominee)

greenified almost everything, deleted most of the system apps. and now, while reading with onyx neo reader (and wi-fi is off) it shows almost the same performance with my calibro (a rebranded pocketbook touch lux). but... it seems if i "pinch" the touch screen to rearrange font size, the battery usage increases instanly (tapping for the same process or turning the pages or using the page turn buttons is okay i think). and surpriseee: the front light is not an enemy of the battery (mind you, i only use it at the minimum). on these conditions, the battery usage is almost normal.

when it comes to using third party (reading) apps, it still is like a bad joke. tried too many after-rooting system management apps to find a solution but i could not.

anyway, what apps that still remain in the system are:

android keyboard (greenified and removable only after replacing it)
android system (do not touch)
apex launcher (third party - using as default launcher, afraid to greenify)
certificate installer (greenified and do not touch, guess, if wifi does not bother you)
com.android.provision (greenified and afraid to remove)
com.android.sharedstoragebackup (greenified and afraid to remove)
download manager (greenified and do not touch if you will be able to download something in the future)
fused location (greenified and afraid to remove)
gallery (greenified and removable)
google account manager (greenified and do not touch, guess, if google play does not bother you)
google play store (greenified and do not touch if it does not bother you)
google services framework (greenified and do not touch, guess, if google play does not bother you)
input devices (afraid to greenify or remove)
key chain (afraid to greenify or remove)
media storage (greenified and afraid to remove)
onyxdata (afraid to greenify or remove)
onyx neo reader (greenified and removable)
onyx npi test (afraid to greenify or remove)
onyxlauncher (greenified and afraid to remove)
onyxlaunchertesttest (afraid to greenify or remove)
ota service (greenified and do not touch if you want to download following onyx updates via wifi)
package access helper (greenified and afraid to remove)
package installer (greenified and afraid to remove)
search applications provider (greenified and afraid to remove)
settings (greenified and afraid to remove)
settings storage (greenified and afraid to remove)
settingswifitesttest (afraid to greenify or remove)
system ui (do not touch)
tests (afraid to greenify or remove)
com.onyx.androidproductiontest (afraid to greenify or remove)

any comment on "afraid to" apps would be very nice.
bagheera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:46 AM   #124
shagguar
shagguar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarry View Post
FolderMount and Link2SD,Do they really work?
In my opinion,Link2SD only allow you to transfer app from internal storage(496mb) to "SD"(about 2.9-3gb), not the extSD(the TF you insert)
If you have your device rooted, Link2SD can move your apks, libs, cache and data (not recommend last one) to Ext-SD, not built-in SD but Ext-SD. I always make and small partition in filesystem "ext2" in the ext-SD, is recognized by Link2SD and this app makes a boot script that auto-mount it in each boot. Then you are able to really move your apps

Last edited by shagguar; 02-10-2015 at 09:49 AM.
shagguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:13 PM   #125
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagguar View Post
If you have your device rooted, Link2SD can move your apks, libs, cache and data (not recommend last one) to Ext-SD, not built-in SD but Ext-SD. I always make and small partition in filesystem "ext2" in the ext-SD, is recognized by Link2SD and this app makes a boot script that auto-mount it in each boot. Then you are able to really move your apps
Ok, I would have a try, many thanks!
P.S: Could you please tell me which SD you use? I use Samsung EVO 32G for it,but I found it need to mount for a long time when booting.
Advert
Old 02-10-2015, 11:59 PM   #126
shagguar
shagguar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
@JHarry

The very first i got in my hand. If i recall right is a regular Kingston 4gb class 4.
shagguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:44 AM   #127
JHarry
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagguar View Post
@JHarry

The very first i got in my hand. If i recall right is a regular Kingston 4gb class 4.
Thanks a lot!
Old 02-12-2015, 10:58 PM   #128
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagheera View Post
and surpriseee: the front light is not an enemy of the battery (mind you, i only use it at the minimum). on these conditions, the battery usage is almost normal.

when it comes to using third party (reading) apps, it still is like a bad joke.
My next battery test is to use the included readers only, actually, pretty much the modified fbreader, that seems to be what all my epubs and pdfs open up in automatically. Do you know if you were using the included fbreader or something else when you got 'almost normal' battery life?

Can't speak to your greenify questions, though I'm eager to hear about how it works for you. I'm trying to manage battery without root in case any warranty issues arise, but when I do root after warranty expires, I plan on looking into xposed framework and deep sleep and/or amplify modules. Also from my having read other threads here and elsewhere, if you haven't already, you may have some impact by renaming or deleting phone, mms and telephony from /system/apps. I've noticed when I don't power down, 'cell standby' takes up lots of battery. Other users of wifi tablets that have the same issue have reported significant results that way (google: cell standby phone.apk).
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:10 PM   #129
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: NST, Boyue T62
Can someone post
/proc/last_kmsg
or
/proc/last_log

Unfortunately, adb shell does not work in AfterGlow 2 and you have to install script shell manually.
nightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:09 AM   #130
LudekTalian
LudekTalian began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3, Kindle4, OnyxBoox AG2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightboy View Post
Can someone post
/proc/last_kmsg
or
/proc/last_log

Unfortunately, adb shell does not work in AfterGlow 2 and you have to install script shell manually.
I can try it.
But you must to guid me...
What I have to install and where to find requested things...
LudekTalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:36 PM   #131
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudekTalian View Post
I can try it.
But you must to guid me...
What I have to install and where to find requested things...
Great
First you have to root your device using Root Master.

1- Install SysLog
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tortel.syslog
2-Open SysLog and grant it root permission
3-Press "Take Log" Button and wait for it to finish.
4-Press "cancel" button if it asked for sharing the log files.
5-Connect your device to your PC.
6-Copy the following file (it is the internal SD card) and post it.
Quote:
SysLog/2015-02-XX_XX.XX/dmesg.log
Old 02-20-2015, 02:32 AM   #132
LudekTalian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightboy View Post
Great
First you have to root your device using Root Master.

1- Install SysLog
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tortel.syslog
2-Open SysLog and grant it root permission
3-Press "Take Log" Button and wait for it to finish.
4-Press "cancel" button if it asked for sharing the log files.
5-Connect your device to your PC.
6-Copy the following file (it is the internal SD card) and post it.
OK...
Here is...
Renamed to *.txt - *.log was not alloved by messageboard
Attached Files
File Type: txt dmesg.txt (128.0 KB, 316 views)
Old 02-20-2015, 05:26 PM   #133
nightboy
Connoisseur

Quote:
OK...
Here is...
Renamed to *.txt - *.log was not alloved by messageboard
Thanks but could post the complete log file ?

the first line of the log file should be
Quote:
<6>[ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu

sadly, the one you posted is incomplete.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #134
LudekTalian

So... I did it once more...¨
But, again, the beginning of file is different...
I´m sending *.zip generated by SysLog...
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2015-02-22_16.44.zip (274.7 KB, 162 views)
Old 02-22-2015, 01:49 PM   #135
nightboy
Connoisseur

Quote:
So... I did it once more...¨
But, again, the beginning of file is different...
I´m sending *.zip generated by SysLog...
Thanks but as you said it is different or incomplete .

Code:
, usb device mode
<4>[46548.378843] codec_set_spk : disable speaker
This kernel's log file lists events after 46548 seconds (12 hours).
I am looking for the kernel's log that has start-up events ( 0.000000 )

Could you reboot your device and run SysLog to Take Log ?

the log file should be in a different directory.

I guess you have not rebooted your device for a week or so and the kernel's log is big for SysLog to handle it.