Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-05-2021, 09:31 AM   #1
GaryHogg
GaryHogg began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Lumi
Boox Max Lumi: Best file format for annotations?

Hi,

Ive ordered a max lumi. arriving tomorrow (excited!). Its main purpose will be working with PDF's and annotating etc., I will be flipping files between the lumi and a PC.

I also plan to use it for reading/annotating books. What is the best ebook file format for having annotations etc., - or should I just format everything to PDF?

Secondly, is there any PC Pdf annotating software which will allow PC generated annotations to be fully transferable back into Boox neoreader?

Ta
GaryHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:16 AM   #2
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryHogg View Post
Hi,

Ive ordered a max lumi. arriving tomorrow (excited!). Its main purpose will be working with PDF's and annotating etc., I will be flipping files between the lumi and a PC.

I also plan to use it for reading/annotating books. What is the best ebook file format for having annotations etc., - or should I just format everything to PDF?
It is what I do. The only other format with "standard annotation" format is original mobi, and nobody is using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryHogg View Post
Hi,

Secondly, is there any PC Pdf annotating software which will allow PC generated annotations to be fully transferable back into Boox neoreader?

Ta
NeoReader3 uses the "standard annotation" format for PDF, saving at the end of the PDF the annotations, as it is done for almost any PDF program, then that PDF can be viewed, re-annotated, etc.. from any other program.

However, NeoReader3 needs to be killed several times before it is able to recognize an externally modified PDF.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2021, 08:28 AM   #3
GaryHogg
GaryHogg began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Lumi
Thanks - helpfull.
GaryHogg is offline   Reply With Quote