Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #16
o0-0o
Enthusiast
o0-0o doesn't littero0-0o doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 301+
Thanks for all the helpful information.
On the back of the device, there is a label. It shows the Model No.: EB600E LITEBOOK. What model No. do your devices have on the back?
Another question. Does a warranty card come with your device? The Newegg.com claims this device carries one year manufacturer's warranty but I didn't see whatever kind of warranty information coming with this device.

Best wishes

Last edited by o0-0o; 08-15-2010 at 10:35 AM.
o0-0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #17
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
I just posted about the warranty thing and mine came with only it's wee book - also from Newegg.
My advice is NOT to count on the seller or the MFG. for warranty help unless you are prepared to be disappointed.

Best Wishes.

mark
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #18
o0-0o
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
I just posted about the warranty thing and mine came with only it's wee book - also from Newegg.
My advice is NOT to count on the seller or the MFG. for warranty help unless you are prepared to be disappointed.

Best Wishes.

mark
Thanks for you advice.
Do you mean you also bought the Mentor from Newegg recently and it came with a warranty card?
Sure. The warranty is the last thing I will use. My point is if it does not even come with a warranty, it is highly likely that I received a defective, used or fake product.
BTW, where did you post the warranty thing? I did not see it.
Best Wishes.

Last edited by o0-0o; 08-15-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #19
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Smile

Greetings !
My pleasure:
Quote:
Thanks for you advice.
No warranty card - JUST a wee manual:
Quote:
Do you mean you also bought the Mentor from Newegg recently and it came with a warranty card?
See below:
Quote:
BTW, where did you post the warranty thing? I did not see it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94742

Best Wishes.

mark
Old 08-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #20
o0-0o
Enthusiast

Quote:
Greetings !
My pleasure:

No warranty card - JUST a wee manual:

See below:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94742

Best Wishes.

mark
Thank you very much.
Mine also came with a Mentor manual but no warranty info.
I am expecting your reader review.
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #21
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Mine has the 'Mentor' embossed cover but also has the 'Green Book' title page.

Have used 4 different SD cards of different names, all 1GB or smaller, with no trouble.

Aside of the above I must say that out of the box it is a disappointing unit and I will be posting a comparison/review based upon my experiences with 3 readers very soon.

Best Wishes.

mark
But does it have Mentor printed in large letters on the front of the device? If you bought it on sale, it may be a returned device and someone had switched devices.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #22
smallhagrid
Hillbilly

Smile Nope.

Thank you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
But does it have Mentor printed in large letters on the front of the device? If you bought it on sale, it may be a returned device and someone had switched devices.
It does not say 'Mentor' on the device at all.
It merely says: 'Model No.: EB600E LITEBOOK' on the back.

If it is a return or some such, since it came from Newegg I am not concerned at all - it works well enough and between the Cooler Reader firmware and being able to simply leave it on as opposed to the on<->off cycling of other units I've had I think I may enjoy this one the most of all !

As I see it it was mostly it's arrival with an uncharged battery and my own ignorance of E-ink fundamentals at fault here; add in the presence of better firmware and it all looks better for me all around now.

Best Wishes.

mark
Old 08-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #23
o0-0o
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks for your concern.
Mine does not come with the Mentor printed in large letters on the front. That's why I am suspicious, especially when coupled with other issues i had., i.e. with green book firmware pre-installed and no SD card support (only SDHC).
Old 08-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #24
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0-0o View Post
Thanks for your concern.
Mine does not come with the Mentor printed in large letters on the front. That's why I am suspicious, especially when coupled with other issues i had., i.e. with green book firmware pre-installed and no SD card support (only SDHC).
Does it even look like a mentor? Is there a place to change the memory on the back?
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #25
o0-0o
Enthusiast

Quote:
Does it even look like a mentor? Is there a place to change the memory on the back?
It does look like a Mentor anyway. Just no sigh of any brand name has been printed on the front at all.
What do you mean change the memory on the back? The battery is replaceable on the back.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #26
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Can you take a picture and post it?
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:29 PM   #27
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I have had a ton of problems with my Pocketpro, I bought it in December and I have to return it for an exchange four times.... I just want my money back at this point....
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #28
o0-0o
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
Can you take a picture and post it?
Here is the bald Mentor that I got. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	524.1 KB
ID:	56722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	549.8 KB
ID:	56723  
Old 08-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #29
smallhagrid
Hillbilly

Mine is from Newegg too and exactly like the one pictured.

Correction:
My screen has never displayed the pictures/icons shown in the screenshot photo.

Is that a changed firmware of some sort ?

Last edited by smallhagrid; 08-15-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: missed something important !
Old 08-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #30
o0-0o
Enthusiast

Quote:
Mine is from Newegg too and exactly like the one pictured.

Correction:
My screen has never displayed the pictures/icons shown in the screenshot photo.

Is that a changed firmware of some sort ?
Yes. it is the icon firmware from Astak. You can find it on the Astak.com website. You can zoom in for the .pdf file in this version of firmware.