Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2023, 11:41 AM   #16
Djanoko
Djanoko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I am in Europe, and I can't find a kobo mini battery, but I can find for kobo glo. Would that work, does anyone know?
And I found one more issue with this device: now it won't connect to the wifi anymore. It did after I installed the update, and it still finds the network now, but it won't connect to it. I think it stopped connecting after I asked it to sync my Pocket articles, but I don't understand why this should be a problem. Any ideas?
Djanoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 07:41 AM   #17
matteo.fio
matteo.fio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
kobo mini doesn't upload

kind users. I encountered the same problem but didn't get the result. Before uploading the three downloaded kobo Glo firmware files, I went to my device's .kobo folder and deleted all other files there. Maybe this was my mistake? did I delete files necessary for the installation? Is there a way to recover the original folder and try the procedure again? thanks to whoever wants to help me
matteo.fio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 04:59 AM   #18
raankle
raankle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
What you should do:
Go here - https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html (courtesy of @geek1011)
Download the firmware for the Glo (NOT the Glo HD)
Extract the zip file into the .kobo directory of your Mini.
Eject it. It will reboot. This is normal.
You should be able to set it up now, over WiFi or computer.
Good luck.
Thank you, bought a 2nd hand Mini N705 from eBay which had been factory reset so could not connect to the desktop or wifi.

This solution worked a treat.
raankle is offline   Reply With Quote