Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-26-2024, 04:10 PM   #211
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Are you sure the Libra Colour has a Carta 1300 substrate? Obviously we’d hope a putative Libra BW would have Carta 1300…
I trust my source for that statement.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 07:17 PM   #212
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
There's a banner across the order status page that says, 'Due to high demand, please expect shipping delays for Kobo Libra Colour (White)'

Fortunately, I ordered a black one.

So apparently the new reader is VERY popular.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 08:57 PM   #213
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Color, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
There's a banner across the order status page that says, 'Due to high demand, please expect shipping delays for Kobo Libra Colour (White)'

Fortunately, I ordered a black one.

So apparently the new reader is VERY popular.
That may be for orders placed now. I would think the earliest pre-orders would ship. I'm basing my guess on previous ereader pre-orders that seemed to change to "Out of Stock" around the 2-week mark (from announcement) and reappear a week or so later with "Pre-Order" displayed.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 05:59 PM   #214
desterly
Enthusiast
desterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: KV, Forma, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
That may be for orders placed now. I would think the earliest pre-orders would ship. I'm basing my guess on previous ereader pre-orders that seemed to change to "Out of Stock" around the 2-week mark (from announcement) and reappear a week or so later with "Pre-Order" displayed.
My Libre Colour (black) came today so they are shipping preorders
desterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 06:49 PM   #215
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by desterly View Post
My Libre Colour (black) came today so they are shipping preorders
I am so jealous. My pre-order status is still "Processing".

Enjoy your new reader
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 05:54 AM   #216
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Someone from reddit posted teardown pics of the Libra Colour

https://imgur.com/a/pCvMpTC
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 10:33 AM   #217
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I wonder if the Libra Color battery would fit in the Libra 2.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 03:11 PM   #218
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It makes me sad that my preorder status for the Libra Colour is still set to "Processed" rather than "Shipped" since they're supposed to be available for sale from tomorrow. At this point, my chances of receiving my Libra tomorrow are dwindling down to "nil". I wonder if my order hasn't shipped yet because I ordered both a black Libra Colour AND a black sleep cover rather than just the device itself.

Has anyone else who preordered from Kobo Canada received their shipping notification yet?

Patience was never my strong suit.

Last edited by Croptop; 04-29-2024 at 03:11 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 04-29-2024, 03:33 PM   #219
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croptop View Post
It makes me sad that my preorder status for the Libra Colour is still set to "Processed" rather than "Shipped" since they're supposed to be available for sale from tomorrow. At this point, my chances of receiving my Libra tomorrow are dwindling down to "nil". I wonder if my order hasn't shipped yet because I ordered both a black Libra Colour AND a black sleep cover rather than just the device itself.

Has anyone else who preordered from Kobo Canada received their shipping notification yet?
I received a notification and expected delivery is tomorrow according to UPS. I ordered the same pair that you did so I doubt that that is the issue. It took a while after I received the order confirmation for the order has been shipped notification to arrive. What you do see when you access the Order Status page and enter your order number and email address?
Old 04-29-2024, 03:41 PM   #220
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've gotten my Clara Colour today, but I'll have to wait till Wednesday/Thursday to make it work.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 03:44 PM   #221
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Anyone know if Clara 2E cases will fit the Clara Color/BW?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 03:48 PM   #222
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The Clara 2E and the Clara Colour/BW are not quite the same size (112.05 x 159.02 x 8.66 mm vs. 112 x 160 x 9.2 mm) so the case may not fit. I would be more worried about the cover's sleep magnet location since that is not specified.
Old 04-29-2024, 04:05 PM   #223
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
It fits and the magnet works (at least the chinese cover I have with Van Gogh images).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 04:16 PM   #224
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
It fits and the magnet works (at least the chinese cover I have with Van Gogh images).
Thanks for that. I thought it was odd that third party covers had not yet been released.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 04:40 PM   #225
Croptop
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What you do see when you access the Order Status page and enter your order number and email address?
I submitted my order on the morning of 10 April and my order status has remained at "Processed" whenever I load the order status page.

For a while today, I just kept getting an error when I attempted to load my order status which made me hope that my order was in the process of changing status but a few hours later, the error cleared and my order remained at "Processed" (with a Tracking Status of "shipment pending")